• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CPS zone/frequency editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanugget

Hi, i'm working on a ship at the moment and we are trying to update or frequency lists. i've updated and reworked a list of about 230 channels we use at various rigs and ports. cloning works perfectly fine on all our mounted UHF radios, but when i try to clone to our handheld ones, it doesn't work. not really shocked about that since they are 2 different models. but is there a way to export just the channels from our mounted ones and import them into the list i read from our hendheld ones? i'd really hate to spend another day just to rewrite that channel list again for the handhelds.
Models:
Mounted - DM4600
Handheld - DP4801 Ex
Using MOTOTRBO CPS2 but i also have MOTOTRBO CPS installed
thanks in advance for any helpful tips

Last edited:

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
if you're using CPS2, just copy and paste everything, you can either do a top level, or copy and paste the zone

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
if you're using CPS2, just copy and paste everything, you can either do a top level, or copy and paste the zone
1627474879555.png1627474950326.pngnotice that the copy and paste are in two different spots, copy the zone itself, then paste it to the Zone dropdown.
ALSO if the zone has the exact same name, itll overwrite, which is what it seems like you want it to do, so make sure the zone is named the same. Otherwise itll just create a new zone.

Seanugget

I find myself in another pickle, is there a way to export/import channels from the CTB2 file into say, excel? i need to make a channel list for my boss in a better layout than that you get from the reports function. need to make a layout similar to this:

Ch. numberDescription/ Ch. nameRx freqTx freqRx PL code/freqTx PL code/freqComment

but going into CPS and scrolling through, picking each field and copy pasting them into word or excel is gonna be painful

Status
Not open for further replies.