• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CPS2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4YPR

I would like to know if there is a way to put the same Talkgroup (channel) into multiple Zones using the CPS2.0 software. I have been trying to find a way but there is no copy/paste on the talkgroup/channel level. I can't highlight the channel inside a current Zone and paste it into another zone.
I have multiple zones and some of them I want the same channel in them so I don't have to switch back and forth for specific channels.

The idea i have is I want to create a zone for Interstate I-95 from Va to SC and add all the PRN talkgoup repeaters so I can set that one zone to scan as I drive down the interstate. Any help would be great. My dealer thinks i am crazy since they don't deal with HAM operators much.

Tech21

What you want to do is go to zone and add a new zone. Go to the original zone and drag drop what you want from it. Once you do that, go to scan and build your scan list. Once you have that go back to the zone and under each channel, assign the scan list. For example, you want zone. If you right click on the channel you may be able to copy/paste.

KK4YPR

Problem is CPS2.0 will not let me copy/paste or drag and drop. I thought it should be very simple.
My work around was to create a scan group and set it on one of the channels I will listen to. This will work but if I want to talk back I have to do it before the channel times out.
Another option was to create a roaming list. Similar to a scan list but it will actually poll the receive strength of the current repeater and if it is too low it will scan through the road list and find one that is better. It will hold that channel till the signal strength gets too low again.

N1GTL

Database Admin
Did you get done what you wanted to accomplish? You refer to talk groups and also channels, which I view as different (trunked vs conventional). I've usually been able to copy and paste in 2.0.

KK4YPR

I refer to them as the same but I understand there is a difference. I am not able to to copy an existing channel I have created in a Zone into another Zone. CPS2.0 only gives me the option to copy a complete zone into another code plug or create copies of a channel inside the same zone. I can’t find any option to let me copy a current channel into another zone so I have the same channel in more than one zone.
My work around was the Roaming List which works for me as of now.
Thanks

N1GTL

Database Admin
For piece of mind, I had to load and try 2.0 and copying. No go! I hate it even more. It seems you can copy and paste an entire code plug but not channels. One would think with the unhappiness, Motorola would fix some of these things. The original versions of the APX programming software were terrible but now it is one of my favorite to use. Hopefully the same happens with TRBO 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.