CPU updater for an 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAbirdman

Anyone have a link to the update program. I saw an old post that was dated around 2013 and at that time the CPU was at 1.8 but I remember whistler doing an edac bug update, that's the one I'm looking for.
Picked up a 800 at a yard sale and its stuck in the UPDATE screen so EZScan wont work. Hoping that someone would have the latest updater so I can see if I can get this old girl working.

Thanks

Blackswan73

You can use Eric's software to update it to the latest factory update which was 1.8, or you can use the same software to convert it to a 1080, with updated functionality, plus DMR.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

EZ-Scan should be able to update it as it sounds like the CPU App was erased. You need to install the serial drivers so EZ-Scan can communicate with the scanner.

You can also use the GREFwTool to download and update the scanner firmware. You still need to install the serial drivers.

73 Eric

TAbirdman

Thanks guys but I was just looking for the original updater program - kind of stuck in my ways. Any of you guys have it?

Thanks

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys but I was just looking for the original updater program - kind of stuck in my ways. Any of you guys have it?

Thanks

Your missing dozens of fixes by sticking with that in addition to added features with improved reception.

Swipesy

Thanks

Ver 1.6 fixed the EDACS but it was, I believe just available through EZScan update.

I do have Ver 1.7 which would included 1.6. If you PM me where to send it you are welcome to it. Ver1.7 was a Beta Version for 1.8

John

Last edited:

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

The Whistler website has Version 2.0 of the PSR-800 firmware, so both PSR-800 EZ-Scan and GREFwTool will download this version.

Version U2.0 - June 4, 2015

Fixed Audio Boost handling for analog frequencies.
EDACS ESK detection fixes

73 Eric

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Eric -

Where on Whistler's site is PSR-800 firmware 2.0? I see nothing for GRE 800. Is it buried somewhere?

Why not just use ezscan to update it? if the latest is 2.0 that is what it will install.

Swipesy

Because I prefer the standalone installer. Let me give you some advice. Don't respond to questions not asked of you if you don't have the answer.

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber

Swipesy

Thanks Eric and Don. I was hoping for a standalone version. A nice safety net to be able to have a installer version wiithout having to use EZScan.

BTW Don, your app for dumping hits on my 800 is just great! Really missed that feature that Win500 provides for the PSR500.

Status
Not open for further replies.