CPUUpdater_20-106_197_RU1.9.exe and Rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

daysand

What is CPUUpdater_20-106_197_RU1.9.exe and where can I get it?
I don't remember hearing of CPUUpdater_20-106_197_RU1.9.exe, before.

Years ago I subscribed to RR and programed my scanners using Win500.

My current firmware is: UP APP Ver: RF 1.6 and DSP APP Ver: RF 1.3 and DSP VOC VER : RF 1.0.

I just downloaded the Firmwares 1.4 and 1.8 and 1.9. but haven't upgraded just yet.

The 1.9 directions said I need the ( CPUUpdater_20-106_197_RU1.9.exe.and that stopped me in my tracks.
I could use some help with the CPU Updater.

Also TXWARN Rebanding is going on here in Harris County, Texas and surrounding areas.

I also could use some help with theTXWARN Rebanding.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
CPU updater

The CPU updater is actually the firmware you downloaded. Click on the file the program that contains the firmware and transfers it to the radio is what they are calling the updater.

Les

My current firmware is: UP APP Ver: RF 1.6 and DSP APP Ver: RF 1.3 and DSP VOC VER : RF 1.0.

I just downloaded the Firmwares 1.4 and 1.8 and 1.9. but haven't upgraded just yet.

The 1.9 directions said I need the ( CPUUpdater_20-106_197_RU1.9.exe.and that stopped me in my tracks.

Also TXWARN Rebanding is going on here in Harris County, Texas and surrounding areas.

daysand

Thank you Detroit780 for your help.
DaveIN, I don't have a clue as what you are indicating or talking about. Thank you anyway.

If I do all of the Firmware updates and subscribe to RR and download the Frequencies,
Will I have achieved my goal, of having my Pro-106 reprogramed with the new Reband?
I really don't have a clue about Rebanding and I hope these steps will have me up to date.
If there is something else that I need, Please help me with this.

Heres a link: Pro-106 - The RadioReference Wiki

Scroll down and you will see the current firmware updates.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
DaveIN, I don't have a clue as what you are indicating or talking about. Thank you anyway.

At the top of the Radio Shack forums is a "Sticky" link to the information about the 1.9 update.http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/211883-new-firmware-cpu-1-9-pro-106-197-a.html

If I do all of the Firmware updates and subscribe to RR and download the Frequencies,
Will I have achieved my goal, of having my Pro-106 reprogramed with the new Reband?
I really don't have a clue about Rebanding and I hope these steps will have me up to date.
If there is something else that I need, Please help me with this.

If you use the Win500 to download the system, and the system has the updated rebanded information in the database, then yes it should have you up to date.

As OsloViking1975 pointed out, the Wiki has the information you need also.

If you still have problems we will try to talk you through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.