Crackin down

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
MIPD 1 on M.I.R.S.(Morris County) is nonstop ..Must be a special detail today for the holiday weekend ..chester is patroling in Mt.olive . morris plains in roxbury. mt. lakes in mt.olive, mendham in chester,Rockaway Boro in roxbury randolph is two towns over, park pd in roxbury and so on,LOTS of extra patrols out dont do anything stupid on the roads this weekend..Happy Hoilday and Be safe........

Last edited:

Sybex7254

I hearing the activity on MIPD-2. Just got home and saw multiple cars partolling Rt 46 and 10 in Roxbury Twp. Was planning on going out later..changed my mind!

Jafo_the_Kid

I saw (Edit Removal Long Valley) I ment Long Hill up on 206 in MT. Olive. My question with this is when they do this kind of crack down or whatever it is called what frequencies do they call their stops in on? Will it be their home channel or are they using the CAD or to whom are they calling in to unless most of the municipalities are on MIRS.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Mirs

ITS on MIPD 1 it is the agressive driver task force all there stops go through the county, NOT there respective towns.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Heard that too

I hearing the activity on MIPD-2. Just got home and saw multiple cars partolling Rt 46 and 10 in Roxbury Twp. Was planning on going out later..changed my mind!

YEAH IT seems to be concentrated around RT. 46/206/10 and even heard a chester car on rt 80 all in the roxbury-mt olive -netcong area from all the stops that i have heard.. It has seemed to slow down as of 9pm I heard some cars say they are returning to "roxbury"

Last edited:

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Mirs

I saw (Edit Removal Long Valley) I ment Long Hill up on 206 in MT. Olive. My question with this is when they do this kind of crack down or whatever it is called what frequencies do they call their stops in on? Will it be their home channel or are they using the CAD or to whom are they calling in to unless most of the municipalities are on MIRS.

ITS on MIPD 1 it is the agressive driver task force all there stops go through the county, NOT there respective towns

Jafo_the_Kid

Righto Thanks. So these towns that already have digital and are dispatched through the county are out and abouts in certain areas.

Any idea on why they might do something like this with the other townships in different locations?

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Righto Thanks. So these towns that already have digital and are dispatched through the county are out and abouts in certain areas.

Any idea on why they might do something like this with the other townships in different locations?
NOT QUITE...
All MORRIS County towns have the MIRS system , Not all of them are dispatched through the county..this is a special detail,so officers from various towns are involved in this task force..(nice overtime)..

Last edited:

APX8000

Sarcastic Member

I was also hearing them on MIPD-2, not 1. I believe this was on Friday. I also logged all their radio IDs. Unfortunately they were ID'ing to County as Township Name 1, Boro Name 2, etc...but at least I know for the future what radio ID's are assigned to units not dispatched normally by County.

upsmannj

need Help with MIRS

I want to program MIRS into my 780xlt. I'm not sure how to do this the correct way. Thanks for the help.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
I love to hear this type of action, it warns me to stay home. Besides the state needing the revenue, could it also have to do with the Trooper killed by a passing car over the weekend? Such a shame, I detest these type of intensive traffic enforcement, why don't the police try this type of tactic in real crime prevention. Oh that's right criminals don't have money and they then cost the state for their defense, silly me!

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Last weekend

I love to hear this type of action, it warns me to stay home. Besides the state needing the revenue, could it also have to do with the Trooper killed by a passing car over the weekend? Such a shame, I detest these type of intensive traffic enforcement, why don't the police try this type of tactic in real crime prevention. Oh that's right criminals don't have money and they then cost the state for their defense, silly me!

This took place FRI of memorial day weekend, Had nothing to do with a cop getting killed this weekend ...

robbinsj2

I want to program MIRS into my 780xlt. I'm not sure how to do this the correct way. Thanks for the help.
I don't scan the system myself but from the database all the MIRS talkgroups, and almost all the other talkgroups on the county system, are digital and therefore unable to be monitored by your 780. You would only be able to receive the analog talkgroups, the ones which have an "A" in the mode column.

Jim

robbinsj2

Radio Shack has their digitals on sale now for $350 and there's a coupon (Google for it) which will get you $45 off that plus free ground shipping when you order online. (Note that the 106 does not come with an AC power supply or programming cable like I understand the 996 does.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.