Cranbrook Institute of Science

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayAir

What is all the buzzing on 424.950MHz. This used to be Cranbrook security. I thought Cranbrook was going to the Open Sky system, but it appears 424.950MHz is still in use. However, there is no voice, but rather data sounds. I don't think the data sound is digital voice either, but rather some kind of control data. It isn't a constant signal. Did they go to something like TRBO and this is a "beacon signal" being sent out by the controller to determine what radios are in range, etc?

freqs

Cranbrook Campus WPLF942 ops 424.475 ops 424.850 sec 424.950 dont know if this will help. I know it dont help with open sky or TRBO question you had but this waht I have from a old RADIO INFOSYSTEMS book .It is a rather out dated book but still useful from time to time

Last edited:

radioron231

Cranbrook is not going to Opensky, so I don't know what the noise could be. Maybe some interference.

RayAir

OK, I have no idea what I am hearing then. I programmed in their security frequency on one of my radios and about a year ago I stopped hearing voice and now I just hear intermittent buzzing. Maybe they went to a digital radio system such as TRBO or NXDN. I guess I will have to listen and compare the signal to samples of TRBO or NXDN. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.