Cranston PD frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka1svw

Premium Subscriber
I've got the Cranston PD frequencies programmed on my SDS200 scanner (using proscan and downloading the frequencies directly from RR)... dispatch is supposed to be 482.4125 P25. Haven't actually heard anything yet though. The scanner is working fine and I'm hearing tons of other stuff, just nothing from Cranston PD. I'm less than 4 miles from the nearest tower - should be well within range. Any suggestions?

KB1UAM

Make sure you have the NAC Squelch set to open and no Default NAC codes are stored in. It won't Pick up the signal. The NAC Codes for Cranston PD should be DEF on all Channels. You can also keep the NAC code to Carrier Squelch which will still picl up Digital Signal.

ka1svw

Premium Subscriber
The NAC code is set to zero. There doesn't appear to be a separate setting for NAC squelch but I'm new to NAC (but very familiar with PL) and could be misunderstanding your instructions. By DEF do you mean leave NAC at its default, or do you mean changing it to hex 293, which some documentation lists as the default?

ka1svw

Premium Subscriber
Nevermind! You meant hex DEF... got it! I figured out how to get the sds200 to search for NACs and it found it for me.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I am very confused by Cranston PD.....I have a BCD996p2 scanner. I downloaded the data from RR for trunking / p25 systems but Cranston PD is NOT IN the list! Just the fire dept. So I entered the 4 Cranston PD UHF frequencies in one of the "banks"....as a new system. So these freqs are in a SEPARATE BANK, not in with the other P25 data for the state of RI. Those Cranston UHF freqs will scan and do work.....only I cant set the "ID SCAN / SEARCH" to anything but "SCAN"......I couldnt set any TG's. And when scaanner stops on one of the frequencies if there's a call, it shows "NAS DEF" in the display. I am confused cause is Cranston PD using their own UHF frequencies in their own P25 mode? I assumed they'd be using 800mhz freqs. Would like some clarification.

ecps92

Keep in mind, there is P25 trunking [which uses Talkgroups] and there is P25 Conventional

Cranston is P25 Conventional not Trunked

I am very confused by Cranston PD.....I have a BCD996p2 scanner. I downloaded the data from RR for trunking / p25 systems but Cranston PD is NOT IN the list! Just the fire dept. So I entered the 4 Cranston PD UHF frequencies in one of the "banks"....as a new system. So these freqs are in a SEPARATE BANK, not in with the other P25 data for the state of RI. Those Cranston UHF freqs will scan and do work.....only I cant set the "ID SCAN / SEARCH" to anything but "SCAN"......I couldnt set any TG's. And when scaanner stops on one of the frequencies if there's a call, it shows "NAS DEF" in the display. I am confused cause is Cranston PD using their own UHF frequencies in their own P25 mode? I assumed they'd be using 800mhz freqs. Would like some clarification.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind, there is P25 trunking [which uses Talkgroups] and there is P25 Conventional

Cranston is P25 Conventional not Trunked
Interesting! I didnt know that. I guess Cranston PD has to be a special situation. But that explains that, thank you!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.