Crazy DMR in Roanoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
464.225 is licensed to Cox in Roanoke, but I'm hearing transmissions that sound like a fire department. One was an announcement that an engine was responding to a fire on Rt.30 in King William. I think I heard the dispatcher addressed as "King and Queen." Bear in mind that I'm hearing this in ROANOKE.

Last night, someone was driving around trying to smell smoke, and there was mention of someone having issues with their furnace. Doesn't sound like any cable TV that I ever heard of.

I doubt that it's ducting. I'm hearing it on a handheld with a duckie, this has been going on since last night. Color code 4, timeslot 1 and TG 2002. Radio ID generally shows as 99. In the RR database, this is reported as Cox, but that may just be because they're licensed on the frequency.

Will keep watching and see what else can be identified. At first, I was thinking this was a local outfit and wasn't paying that much attention to locations. Looks like some more recording is in order. For anyone out this way with DMR capability, I'd love to know what you're hearing on this.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

dtscho

Database Admin
Allen,

That's definitely the correct color code/slot/group for Cox. They run a network of conventional DMR repeaters, so that's probably why you heard talk of the distant location. I've monitored the same color code/slot/group on their repeaters in Fairfax, Hampton, New Kent, Newport News, and Virginia Beach.

Dave

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Allen,

That's definitely the correct color code/slot/group for Cox. They run a network of conventional DMR repeaters, so that's probably why you heard talk of the distant location. I've monitored the same color code/slot/group on their repeaters in Fairfax, Hampton, New Kent, Newport News, and Virginia Beach.

Dave

The only thing I can figure is that somebody somewhere must be rebroadcasting. Caught a couple recordings about 4am, a unit 2 trying to reach 5. Nothing caught after 6am this morning. Gonna keep watching it until I leave here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
The only thing I can figure is that somebody somewhere must be rebroadcasting. Caught a couple recordings about 4am, a unit 2 trying to reach 5. Nothing caught after 6am this morning. Gonna keep watching it until I leave here

A dive team from station 6 training at a boat ramp this afternoon. Anybody know a locality that has a dive team at station 6?

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Okay, definitely rebroadcasting King & Queen Co. Just heard an EMS call on Lewis B. Puller Hwy (SR33) just east of West Point. The question of 'why' still remains.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

n4jri

Premium Subscriber
Heard the same from New Kent's Cox outlet on 461.875 c4s1g2002. Couldn't confirm as K&Q, but they had traffic on 460.575 about the same time.

73/Allen (N4JRI)

hfd376

Premium Subscriber
Strange indeed. 460.575 is King and Queens current P25 conventional dispatch freq. I wonder if Cox's subscriber units are networked, passing audio in both Roanoke and New Kent.

Status
Not open for further replies.