Create Favorite TG List on BCD396xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcoray

Hello to all.

I recently purchased the 396xt and am loving it.

For my local public safety trunking system here in Salt Lake City, I have programmed the county Fire/EMS and the local city PD's into their own quick groups. There are times however that I would like to have both an EMS response TG and the local PD TG in the same group so I can easily monitor both during an incident in that particular city. Is there any way to take TG ID's from several quick groups and combine them (even if it is temporarily) into some kind of "Favorites" group and block out all the rest?

Your help, as always, is much appreciated!!

Thanks!

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Not really like the GRE/RS BUT, youcan make a new "System", give it a SQK and make two "Groups" and "COPY-PASTE" any freqy or TG into that new System...I have my cities trunk system in three SQK="0", "21", and "31" each designed different to accomodate accidents,fire EMA.....

MFD4305

Or....

You can program a Group with just the TGs you want to monitor together on special occasions - just remember to set the scanner to "Scan" talkgroups, not "Search" talkgroups. Turn that Group on or off with a Group Quick Key.

bcoray

Thanks for the responses. Can I "Copy and Paste" on the fly or are you meaning in one of the programming software suites? I'd love to be able to copy and paste a TG ID into an empty group when needed.

ems170

Feed Provider
The way I have worked around this and made it "field programable" was to have your normal talkgroups programmed in the respective groups. Then I set up a group with every talkgroup in it (all locked out). If I want to hear a special combination all I do is activate that group and unlock the talkgroups I want to hear together.

Status
Not open for further replies.