Creating a personal website to post incidents heard on scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpawel15x

Any legal issues with posting stuff you hear on a website? Sometimes I have the urge to create a website and post the more interesting things I hear on my scanner for ex. dedicated to pursuits I hear and post the information on the website. Kind of like an online blog. I'd do this for myself to keep track of these incidents as well as others in my area who would be interested. I'm not looking to post feeds of my scanners yet because my pc is not where my scanners are. Just posting the interesting incidents I hear..so is this a good idea or no..?

Last edited:

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
There's no problem with doing that at all. In fact, many of the state forums here on RR have a place to post breaking incidents. If you made a request, they would probably put one in for your state as well.

In addition, people have created groups on Yahoo and Google for posting incidents. I'm a member of this one for incidents here in the Twin Cities:
http://groups.google.com/group/twin-cities-incident-page/?hl=en

cpd38

Premium Subscriber
Raven95150 said:
There's no problem with doing that at all. In fact, many of the state forums here on RR have a place to post breaking incidents. If you made a request, they would probably put one in for your state as well.

In addition, people have created groups on Yahoo and Google for posting incidents. I'm a member of this one for incidents here in the Twin Cities:
http://groups.google.com/group/twin-cities-incident-page/?hl=en
There is one that is similar for WI incidents also
http://groups.google.com/group/WIA

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Bear in mind 'current' has nothing to do with anything you post on Yahoo groups, where the posting may not reach others on the group for a day or more.

Groups (and we already have one, right here... why do we need another?) are for long term sharing of how it went, not 'what's happening NOW'.

wogggieee

SkipSanders said:
Bear in mind 'current' has nothing to do with anything you post on Yahoo groups, where the posting may not reach others on the group for a day or more.

Groups (and we already have one, right here... why do we need another?) are for long term sharing of how it went, not 'what's happening NOW'.
Well if people have their email settings to receive emails right away when something is posted to say a yahoo or Google group it can function as an instant notification type system provided you are at a place where you can receive the email right away. Works well for me with the twin cities group mentioned above.

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
wogggieee said:
Well if people have their email settings to receive emails right away when something is posted to say a yahoo or Google group it can function as an instant notification type system provided you are at a place where you can receive the email right away. Works well for me with the twin cities group mentioned above.
I have my email set to send me a text message when an incident is posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.