Creating Favorites in MPSCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wharris1985

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased a Home Patrol 1 and when I enter my Zip Code it finds over 600+ Channels. I only want to monitor Westland, Wayne, Garden City, and Inkster PD and Fire Dept. When I use sentinel and add these cities to my favorite list it looks like it ends up adding the entire MPSCS data base under the favorites group. I would like to only can the surrounding cities. Any idea how to do this?

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
If you add even 1 MPSCS talkgroup to a favorites list, it will automatically add all the sites.
Once you append the department/talkgroups you want, you just need to avoid or delete the sites that are out of your range.
Yes, it's a pain in the arse, but there's no way around it.

Wharris1985

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the response. So I did what you said and "avoided" everything but I wanted to hear. It loads 2 channels but if I have a 10 mile range it says "there are many channels, this may take long to load". Also I'm not hearing anything on the scanner. Why would 2 channels be too much to load?

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
You got me stumped on that one, I don't know about that message or why you would see it. I think I have read elsewhere on the forums though that you shouldn't scan a favorites list at the same time as using your zip code or the full database.

Zippy734

Make sure full database is not selected. I think it is Menu, Manage favorites, Select database to monitor. Only Full Database should not be highlighted. You should select multiple lists, then select your fav. list and accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.