Creating mp3 @ 16kbps, 22KHz for ScannerCast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
What is a good way to create / convert to mp3 files at 16kpbs bit rate and 22KHz sample rate to use as intro files for ScannerCast?

The introduction and fallback recordings must be the same format as the stream, but none of my audio programs have the combination 16kbps/22KHz so I'm at an impasse.

WinAmp won't do it. SoundForge won't do it. What will?

Thanx for any pointers.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Audacity will do it. Install the latest beta version 1.3.10, then install the Lame 3.98.2 and FFmpeg plugins. In Preferences > Devices, set the Channels to 1 (Mono) and in Preferences > Quality set the Default Sample Rate to 22050 and 16 bit. Record your clip(s), then export them as mp3 at 16 kbps constant bitrate. You will wind up with 16 kbps/22 kHz mp3 files, just what you need to match the stream itself.

Audacity: Windows

Lame MP3 Encoder Binaries

FAQ:Installation and Plug-Ins - Audacity Manual

Last edited:

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
You're too good! I just used lame.exe command-line encoder for Windows and converted them once I figured out the correct switches to use. It's perfect now.

By the way, I have been playing with a test setup of ScannerCast all day today and IT ROCKS! It does exactly what we scanner streamers need to do without a lot of b.s.

Thanx!

Bote

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.