creating new scanlist pro-106

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus45

I have download talk groups to my scanner. Before doing that I assigned them to scan list 1 and 2 respectively. Later I tried to download some conventional frequencies. I assigned them to scan list 3. However, when I downloaded the frequencies the talkgroups in 1 and 2 disappeared. When I tried to replace them the conventional frequencies in 3 disappeared. What am I doing wrong? Before downloading I assigned scan lists with the RR software. Thank you.

TES

I have download talk groups to my scanner. Before doing that I assigned them to scan list 1 and 2 respectively. Later I tried to download some conventional frequencies. I assigned them to scan list 3. However, when I downloaded the frequencies the talkgroups in 1 and 2 disappeared. When I tried to replace them the conventional frequencies in 3 disappeared. What am I doing wrong? Before downloading I assigned scan lists with the RR software. Thank you.

Two things—just so we're speaking the same language, you download FROM the scanner and upload TO the scanner. The second item is likelely causing your confusion. Each upload to the scanner completely replaces the previous upload—it doesn't add to the contents of the scanner.

marcus45

Thank you for the response. I wonder why one cannot add to previous uploads. So... if I want to add to an upload I must replace the entire previous upload with the addition. Correct? I wonder what latte drinking tech thought that one up? What a pain.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the response. I wonder why one cannot add to previous uploads. So... if I want to add to an upload I must replace the entire previous upload with the addition. Correct? I wonder what latte drinking tech thought that one up? What a pain.

It's really quite simple to do..

As soon as you connect your scanner to your software, First, DOWNLOAD FROM your scanner to your software. That will show you what is currently programmed in the scanner. At this point, just add what you want to what is shown in the software, and then UPLOAD TO the scanner.

Everything that was in it, and whatever changes you made will now be in the scanner.

It really is quite a simple process.

rwier

As soon as you connect your scanner to your software, First, DOWNLOAD FROM your scanner to your software. That will show you what is currently programmed in the scanner. At this point, just add what you want to what is shown in the software, and then UPLOAD TO the scanner.

Everything that was in it, and whatever changes you made will now be in the scanner.

And don't forget to save your work just before that "UPLOAD TO".

marcus45

Thanks, that worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.