• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Credibility of flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrunkLatcher

Hello, I stumbled across a XTS5000R that was for sale with a flashcode of 5A9008-101F87-7. It claims to have trunking AND fpp. I contacted the seller and they said that "You just have to keep the trunking and FPP in separate zones". It has R17.02 firmware and dsp. Is this a new option with the 17.02 firmware/dsp to have trunking AND fpp or is this fake. Thanks for the help. Also, are the bugs worked out with the latest R17.x CPS or are their still problems with firmware/CPS? What is the latest version?

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
No, trunking will not work in that radio.

The Q52/Q53 options usually always take precedence over the trunking options.

TrunkLatcher

Strange that its being sold by a supposed "Motorola Authorized Dealer" that's been around for a while. They specifically told me that it had both options so maybe they are just banking on the fact that the buyer won't use trunking so won't know. Very peculiar. I don't think its appropriate to share a link though.

com501

Does the radio have a flash tag that matches that internal flash, a FACTORY flash tag?

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I've been looking at that one too and it made me wonder. They claim the tag matches what's in the radio but don't show any proof.

TrunkLatcher

Glad someone else found the listing. It says that tag matches what's in radio. It also sold. The uhf one is still available though. I agree, it seems the flash is fake unless someone can confirm that in the latest R17.02 DSP/Firmware, both options are compatible when flashed together. I don't think that motorola would take this compatibility away and then bring it back though. Firmware 9.x was the last to have this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.