Creek County freq's

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWS23499

I bought a new Uniden BCD 996P2. I have one of these scanners that is about 2 years old. I programmed this scanner and it works ok. The new one won't pick up anything. Do I need to put in Tulsa freq"s also? I put in all the Creek county freq"s and talk groups but is still wont talk. Also added all the statewide mutual aid groups. Help!! Thanks

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
I programmed mine with ARC XT PRO and receiving just fine. I downloaded them directly from Radio Reference.com frequency database. Tulsa freqs are on a different site.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I would program all of the Creek and Tulsa sites each with a system quick key for easily enabling or disabling. You will be able to determine what is on each site.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
You need to manually stop on the CC listed for the sites you programmed from the OKWIN P-25 system and see if your getting the System info. Also you should be able to clone the other radio to the new one. Another check is to try the weather channels and see if they work.

tvengr

Well Known Member
You can download FreeSCAN software for free and use that to program your scanner. I see that you are a premium subscriber. You can download what you want from the Radio Reference database using the software.

tvengr

Well Known Member
If you have 2 BCD996P2 scanners, you can clone one to the other using a null modem cable connecting the DB9 connectors on the rear of the scanners. If you have the software, you can read the scanner that works well and then write to the other scanner.

RWS23499

Scanner seems to be working today. Thanks for the help. I am not a premium member right now. Will probably pay up and download Freescan. Thanks again and stay safe.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Scanner seems to be working today. Thanks for the help. I am not a premium member right now. Will probably pay up and download Freescan. Thanks again and stay safe.
Your Member Info says your a Premium Subscriber, it generally doesn't show up if that isn't the case.

RWS23499

Your Member Info says your a Premium Subscriber, it generally doesn't show up if that isn't the case.
I haven’t paid in a few years and the site wouldn’t let me download anything. Was a premium member and it says I am but I guess someone forgot to downgrade me. Lol!!! I assume you have to pay the $30 to download Freescan. Guess it isn’t free. Lol !!!

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Freescan is independent of RR, search for it and download it. If you were a premium subscriber you could import the DR database into the freescan software and load it to your scanner vs having to manually do it. Once you have freescan you can upload the info in your scanner now and easily make any edits to it and reload it to your scanner vs. having to manually do it on the keypad.

FREEScan:

RWS23499

FREEScan:
Thank you for your post. I still have a problem with having to supply a credit card number to get something free. Lol!! This is a great site and I am not slamming it at all. It just happens a lot on internet sites.

Thank you for your post. I still have a problem with having to supply a credit card number to get something free.
I'm not sure what you mean.

You don't need to supply anything to download Freescan from the link I posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.