Crenshaw county update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
I enjoy daily checking RR Database updates in Alabama, Georgia and North Carolina, states where I have family and travel. In today's updates, I noticed, while looking at the update for Crenshaw County, AL, that most, if not all, of the law enforcement licenses in the County have not been revised to comply with the FCC's Narrowband regulation. Is there something about their situation that allows an exception?

Metrofire31
WQIT636

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
I have also noticed myself that the FCC is still issuing regular FM frequencies. There is an ambulance company in Alabama that is operating on a 152 MHz frequency that they are not licensed for. They are licensed for 154 but are not using it. There is a radio tower in South Alabama that is 230 feet tall and has no working light on it. Over 200 feet they must have a working light. Not to get on the soap box or move this topic to the tavern but the FCC has become slimed down and enforcement is getting less.

emcom

There is a radio tower in South Alabama that is 230 feet tall and has no working light on it. Over 200 feet they must have a working light. Not to get on the soap box or move this topic to the tavern but the FCC has become slimed down and enforcement is getting less.

The Code of Federal Regulations states that:

47 CFR 17.21 - Painting and lighting, when required.

(b) The Commission may modify the above requirement for painting and/or lighting of antenna structures, when it is shown by the applicant that the absence of such marking would not impair the safety of air navigation, or that a lesser marking requirement would insure the safety thereof.

Perhaps due to the terrain, etc. they were able to get a waiver?

Also, in the RR database, the two agencies I work for both have narrowbanded licenses, but the database doesn't reflect that. The FCC license does though. It largely became a moot point anyways as the VHF stuff up here in Madison Co. is mostly backup these days and sees very little use.

Status
Not open for further replies.