CRESA Digital system

Status
Not open for further replies.

3King

Premium Subscriber
I saw on a news feed today that Clark County Wa (CRESA) is going to a Digital system this month and rumor has it that Control 1,2,3 will supposedly be encrypted?i won't by this till I can't get these channels on my 536hp Does anyone have more knowledge on this? I have seen nothing about the switch but do know that a system reband has been done.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I saw on a news feed today that Clark County Wa (CRESA) is going to a Digital system this month and rumor has it that Control 1,2,3 will supposedly be encrypted?i won't by this till I can't get these channels on my 536hp Does anyone have more knowledge on this? I have seen nothing about the switch but do know that a system reband has been done.

The new P25 digital system has been up and running for some time now, but mostly just testing, no actual users. It's a separate, new radio system, but it will be using frequencies from the old Motorola system. The new system has nothing to do with the rebanding.

And yes, all my sources within the radio shops indicate that Clark County will encrypt all the law enforcement on the new system. There will be some access to outside agencies, but how they are going to do that isn't clear yet. And they could change their minds at some point. We will have to see.

FYI, I am hearing that some C-TRAN units are using the new system as of today...

- Chris

jeremym70

rosecitytransit

Feed Provider
Read the last two sentences of the article you posted.

I missed that part! Good to see it. Though ideally they would also let the alerts group listen, maybe allow a private, password-controlled feed to be set up for vetted members (e.g. require a simple background check). Or maybe a delayed one, if that's possible? We're not talking about SWAT here, just keeping stuff from bad apples/bad guys.

RBMTS

The database is updated when people, such as yourself, submit the information to the database. We just received a contribution from a member so I will update the DB hopefully later tonight.

RyanTodd

Ah, I didn't know the database was member generated. I'm guessing contributions get verified somehow? There doesn't seem to be a Site 6 in the new FCC filings. And, thank you for the work you do. So far, reception here is not great. Not sure if it's me, or the system.

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
A reliable source said law is going to cut over this coming week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimdeford

Fire, EMS & CTRAN has already made the transition. Law Enforcement is scheduled to make the transition at 9am on Wednesday the 14th and that has been announced publicly by CRESA. Also note they are using P25 Phase I not Phase II. They sound great on my BCD396XT! And yes, all Law Enforcement will be encrypted, also announced publicly by CRESA.

RBMTS

Can someone in the Clark county / Vancouver area please verify the control and voice channels for the new system? We have some system frequencies listed in the DB that were added last year. Now that the system is running I'd like see if they are correct or if we might be missing any.

Also I received the main "Firecom" dispatch TG. Have the other fire TG's migrated over to the new system yet? Or are they running simulcast between the two systems?

RyanTodd

I've heard NO simulcast so far. Sounds like a direct transfer to the new system for fire. I have not heard any other channels used by fire. I'm also curious if fire will now have dedicated operations channels. Looking at the most recent FCC listings, there seem to be more frequencies then noted in the DB. And only 2 sites, listed as simulcast and Yacolt.

RBMTS

That's because they reallocated some of the frequencies from the old system to the new system. To my knowledge there isn't any new frequencies assigned to them. As more users and departments are migrated over, more frequencies will be moved over as well to handle the load. Eventually when the old system is shut down, all of the frequencies will be in use by the new system.

astrousr

New system in the database shows as phase 2 with TDMA talkgroups. Guess my 396XT got an over the air upgrade to receive Phase 2! Hooray!!! Thanks Uniden for the unexpected gift

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
I live too far south to pickup trunked comms from Clark County but I can get the VHF fire links. 154.07000 Tapout used to be CSQ but I've noticed that it now uses 156.7 PL and 155.65500 Fire Response is still 127.3 PL.

guus24

The 154.07000 is the only tapout I have heard. I have the system on search talk groups right now. The only new channel I have found is ops 51 tgid 15701.

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Sorry guys my bad on setting them to phase 2. The system says its a phase 2 so i figured the phase 1 talkgroup designation which is a default setting when entering new channels was just overlooked.

-Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.