CREST from Vancouver Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Curious how much, if any, of the CREST signal can be received from Vancouver. Will be there from tomorrow night until early Sunday morning. Thanks.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
The band plan is shown in the data base. As for site Mt. Douglas might be the first site you want to try.

Band plan Base 139.635 Spacing 15 Offset 380

Last edited:

mciupa

Database Admin
The BCD396XT always asks for an upper frequency.

It does, but if you use Freescan software, when you set up the site, it has a feature called Auto Upper. You put in the base freq. spacing, offset. push the Auto Upper icon and it will populate the upper frequency. :)

mciupa

Database Admin
It does, but if you use Freescan software, when you set up the site, it has a feature called Auto Upper. You put in the base freq. spacing, offset. push the Auto Upper icon and it will populate the upper frequency. :)

This is what came back when I uploaded Mt. Douglas 145 MHz? Seems wrong.:confused:

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
What FreeSCAN has done is calculate the very last frequency that the system could potentially use.

It doesn't necessarily mean that the system uses frequencies up that high.

BC_Scan

Sorry Scannerizer , from downtown Vancouver that will be a no go, the closest tower does not have the strength to make it to there, plus now with all the taller buildings compared to ages ago the terrain is the impedemen. If you are out at UBC you can possibly pick up Saltsrping Island, but that tower does not usually simulcast downtown Vic, Im afraid that signal is just not strong enough for downtown Van. If you go south from Richmond say if you land at YVR, than you could pick up a 2nd tower , but the stock antennae wont serve you much ,
As there is lots to listen to otherwise, let me know what else you might wish to hear.

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
Sorry Scannerizer , from downtown Vancouver that will be a no go, the closest tower does not have the strength to make it to there, plus now with all the taller buildings compared to ages ago the terrain is the impedemen. If you are out at UBC you can possibly pick up Saltsrping Island, but that tower does not usually simulcast downtown Vic, Im afraid that signal is just not strong enough for downtown Van. If you go south from Richmond say if you land at YVR, than you could pick up a 2nd tower , but the stock antennae wont serve you much ,
As there is lots to listen to otherwise, let me know what else you might wish to hear.

Bummer! I was bored to death as all I got was the fire services. Why can't at least BC Ambulance have analog in Van City like they have on Vancouver Island (I checked the database so that's how I know).

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Bummer! I was bored to death as all I got was the fire services. Why can't at least BC Ambulance have analog in Van City like they have on Vancouver Island (I checked the database so that's how I know).

You could buy yourself an early Christmas present like a BC436XP with Provoice and you would get all the good stuff in Vancouver:)

Status
Not open for further replies.