CREST Victoria Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not surprised.

Same here. Sad, but not surprising. I suspect that the on-line scanners had a contribution to this decision. Take away the on-line aspect, and you had to invest a significant amount of coin in a radio to scan police here.. not something a lot of people were willing to do. Having CREST on-line made comms available to anyone with a smartphone. Combine that with various social media groups sharing scanner info, which is a violation of law... it was only a matter of time. ☹️

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Same here. Sad, but not surprising. I suspect that the on-line scanners had a contribution to this decision. Take away the on-line aspect, and you had to invest a significant amount of coin in a radio to scan police here.. not something a lot of people were willing to do. Having CREST on-line made comms available to anyone with a smartphone. Combine that with various social media groups sharing scanner info, which is a violation of law... it was only a matter of time. [emoji3525]

Yup. All of that.

In light of what EComm did with NGRP or what ever they are calling WARS 2.0, and that the CREST system shares its system ID with it, but a different zone, I was expecting nothing less than full time encryption for all users. Anyone that though any less was naive or had their head buried in the sand.

Here in Alberta RCMP, all municipal police forces, Alberta Sheriffs, AEMA(Provincial Emergency management)and AHS(Ambulance) are all encrypted on AFRRCS. Only CPO(municipal by-law) Fire and other non law or EMS are unencrypted. Those that are encrypted, are using AES256 as it’s the only algorithm permitted by AFRRCS on their network.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. All of that.

There’s a Facebook group here that posts scanner calls.. including police P25 info. It boils my blood seeing that stuff, because that is a big thorn in the side for first responders, and as I previously mentioned, is illegal to do. It’s that kind of crap that has ruined a hobby for those of us who follow the rules.

mciupa

Database Admin
Please, no more negative posts about on-line broadcasting in the Prairies and Pacific Coast forum. The RadioReference Tavern permits this topic to be discussed as per Lindsay Blanton.
blantonl said:
Go forth and fight for and against the RadioReference Live Audio Feed platform. Keep it civil, keep it clean. Good luck

Lindsay C. Blanton III
Founder and CEO
RadioReference.com / Broadcastify
If you care to continue the discussion, please use this thread: https://forums.radioreference.com/t...ers-and-wait-for-it-encryption.224104/page-54

Thank you for your understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.