Crisp County - new talkgroups - is this a transition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
Monitoring new talkgroups in Crisp County (Cordele, GA). Does this mean a regional TRS is in the works (say with Houston or Dougherty county)???? Or, is this a transition phase from analog (Moto II) TRS to digital????

Old Sheriff Dispatch 1616, new or transitory talkgroup = 38416 (in analog)
Old EMS Dispatch 4816, new talkgroup = 40016 (in analog).
These and others have been submitted.

Monitoring only analog talkgroups from Crisp County. However, talkgroup 6512 (an active Dougherty County talkgroup) came in on an allocated frequency, but in digital.

Would a TRS admin restructure the talkgroups during rebanding or equipment upgrade??? That seems like a lot of work for little to no gain. The current talkgroups have been in place for years.....some (e.g., S.O. Traffic) have been added and/or discovered in recent year(s).

????

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
Something regional must be in the works........reminds me of what's going on in southern TN & northern GA.......

Now, talkgroup 18416 is coming up, in digital, and dispatcher is identifying self as Thomas County. Traffic on talkgroup is clearly Thomas S.O. or Thomasville P.D.

So, maybe Crisp, Dougherty, and Thomas counties in a regional TRS......anyone heard anything?

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
Thanksgiving 2011 update.........finally got an opportunity to formally study this TRS.

Using UniTrunker and my GRE PSR-500, I monitored the Crisp County TRS site overnight and have some changes to submit:

1. This is site 005 of the BC30 trunked system (Dougherty/Thomas County system)
2. Site 001 is Turner Field site (as detailed in Dougherty County GA TRS)
3. Site 002 is Gillionville site (as detailed in Dougherty County GA TRS)
4. Site 003 is Thomasville site (as detailed in Thomas County GA TRS)
5. Site 004 is blank, but has control channel of 860.8375 and no other assigned channels.
6. Site 005 is Crisp County (control 857.3375, alt.controls 853.525, 855.4625, 856.3125, 856.7875, and a non-control channel - this is where I saw Thomas & Dougherty county units' activity - 854.9625.
7. NEW Crisp County talkgroups identified, with listening and tracking via UniTrunker.
8. Crisp County Sheriff Dispatch (channel 1) = 38416
9. Crisp County Sheriff Tac-2 = 38448
10. Crisp County Sheriff Tac-3 = 38480
11. Crisp County Fire Department Dispatch = 39216
12. Crisp County EMS Dispatch = 40016
13. Cordele Police Department Dispatch (channel 1) = 41616
14. Cordele Police Department Tac-2 = 41648
15. Cordele Police Department Tac-3 = 41680 (lots of police-related Black Friday traffic; in Wal-Mart)
16. Lots of other talkgroups with single affiliations, but no traffic (more submission, in the future).
17. Saw/heard several Thomas County and Dougherty County talkgroups on Crisp site. These include known talkgroups for their EMS, Fire, and Sheriff departments.

Lee County also will be going digital this year, they state 800 digital but this is not confirmed. The people I have talked to are not too familiar with radio technology. I assume it would make sense to tie in to Dougherty county, and a lot of the people that work public safety in Albany also do in Lee County. But this is all speculation. Interesting enough, the county between Crisp and Dougherty (Worth County) just went MotoTRBO VHF, so not quite a regional system perhaps.

kg4ojj

Premium Subscriber
/\/\ike, you have the data in a formal submission (and the TRS is updated, thank you).

FM2, there have been NO allocations for 700/800 MHz in Lee County, GA. I keep checking... :)
It would make sense to tie into the Albany sites (Gillionville Rd & Turner Field).
Digital 800MHz makes sense, too. Lee County will need several towers, especially up in the north part of the county (Smithville).
I heard Worth County pulled the trigger on MotoTRBO. So sad. At least Fire is still analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.