Cromwell departments and system use

Status
Not open for further replies.

firerick100

Premium Subscriber
I was looking at the city of Cromwell database and it says that most city services are on the Marcus system although the conventional freqs are listed and then at the bottom of the page they have them using the LTR system with all the talk groups and that's is what I used when I went out there from time to time,my question is what system are they using now. The LTR or Marcus ? And I noticed a few depots have a vehicle repeater freq ,is that worth putting into a scanner to monitor.

Thanks

ndejohn

Premium Subscriber
The Town of Cromwell, at one point experimented with the Marcus Commercial Passport System. Needless to say, it didn't last too long. I don't think many departments within the town are using it anymore. The Cromwell Police operate on a 800 MHz conventional repeater and the Fire/EMS department operates on VHF. I would program the Cromwell Fire/EMS VHF Frequencies and the Cromwell Police Frequencies in that you find in the RR Database. As for the vehicle repeater frequencies, I wouldn't worry much about them. Those channels are used for on-scene communications where the portable radio can not access the repeater because they are to far away, they will activate a truck repeater so the portable then, only has to talk to the truck that is on scene.

cg

Premium Subscriber
While it is a Marcus system, it is not part of the "Marcus System". That is, it is not part of the statewide Passport/LTR networked system. It is a stand alone TRS using plain LTR. They appear to have the PD and FD patched into it.

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.