Cronkie's Cab - Quinte Region 166.95 MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3opc

So after months of searching high and low I finally found them....They are digital and use a repeater but don't seem to know what Mode they are using I suspect DMR but as I am using freescan I cant be sure...Can anyone supply me with additional info on this freq such as time slot if DMR, Input , Mode ect ?.

DaveH

Cronkie...wasn't that a character on the Trailer Park Boys...? <couldn't resist>

IC database doesn't show emission/bandwidth as digital (exactly), but it often lags reality.

Not sure what you mean, does your 996p2 have DMR capability; or is it only newer ones 436/536 etc?

Easy way to determine mode is to listen on any ordinary analog receiver. Different modes have clearly distinctive sounds. Since there's a lot of digital out there and more coming, this can be useful. Apart from that, DSD+ can auto-identify digital modes, need nothing more than a tapped scanner or a USB dongle; and it will decode the speech assuming it's in the clear.

Dave

ve3opc

No I was saying it does not receive NXD as I believe that is FDMA as apposed to TDMA and scanners if I am correct don't decode FDMA...I am working with a 996p2 with the DMR & Provoice Mod.

mciupa

Database Admin
Another frequency licensed to Turris in Picton.

If you use your Search function or Close Call, you could have found it much quicker.

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
Most of the Turris single channel repeaters are being converted to DMR. And it does seem someone there likes the number 7. Heavy use of CC 7.

ve3opc

Interesting The Data is accurate with acceptation to the frequency ...Nothing on 166.970 but Turris Traffic (Cronkies ) On 166.950 20 kHz discrepancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.