Cross Talk issues with Pro-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirelesscop

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this...

My Pro-96 CONSTANTLY picks up other agencies on ID's that don't belong to the agency that it's picking up. For instance, If I have the unit scanning in New Castle County, on ALL New Castle County frequencies / ID's it will pick up transmissions from Kent County agencies. Or I'll look at the display and it will be locked onto DSP Recom, and it will be picking up Wilmington PD. As I am typing this, the unit is stopped on NCCPD Dispatch and it's picking up DOC (Dept of Corrections). I don't even have DOC ID's programmed into the unit. And the list goes on...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

Your unit may be hanging up on the NCCo System, which has 2 hanging repeaters. Try turning the squelch lower. Until DivCom decides to fix the issue, it is all that can be done.

HTHs

Dave AKA The Tripzter

stevenmilford

pro 96 ids

got a question how do i pick up talk groups ids on my pro 96 scanner i have talk goups ids already on my pro 96 for delaware how do i listen to talk groups thank you

mancow

Database Admin
Wasn't this an identified bug that was discussed somewhere a while back? I don't think anyone found a way around it if I remember correctly.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

There is no bug with the PRO 96/2096 that I am aware of. Some Quantar repeaters hang open on Mixed Mode P16 P25 Voice Systems. Usually, the 96/2096 will continue to TrunkTrack. However, if the signal is strong enough, the 96/2096 will hang. It is possible to attenuate the frequencies that hang, but the 96/2096 will either mute the audio when the voice frequency that is attenuated is used, or switch between MOT, Dg, or DG, and Brrrappp!

Uniden's BCD396T and BCD996T have an unsupported option Digital End Code Detection which works well well when repeaters hang.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

Status
Not open for further replies.