Tytera Crossbanding TYT 7800 control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

USASAgencyman

FCC requires that I can control my Base station from auxilliary, (portable, HT in my case). I cannot find any information on how to enable shutdown of station via aux. if freq. conflict or interference issues require it.

1. Might the radio offer this, though I cannot find it?
2. Is there accessory equipment available to manage the control?

FYI, Example Kenwood offered Sky Command on some radio combinations, I need at least minimal control of my station from HT

nd5y

1. Might the radio offer this, though I cannot find it?
No. There are no Chinese radios with that capability. They can't even make a CW ID to identify properly.
As far as I know none of the Japanese manufacturers can do that either except for a couple Kenwood models that have remote control capability and I don't know if you can shut the radio off remotely.

2. Is there accessory equipment available to manage the control?
I have never heard of anything like that. You would have to design and build it yourself.

USASAgencyman

No. There are no Chinese radios with that capability. They can't even make a CW ID to identify properly.
As far as I know none of the Japanese manufacturers can do that either except for a couple Kenwood models that have remote control capability and I don't know if you can shut the radio off remotely.

I have never heard of anything like that. You would have to design and build it yourself.
Thanks for a solid response!!!

In a way, I'm not surprised, they seem to often forget some of the details, like forbidden Tx frequencies... :)

Well, I guess I'll search for such a piece of gear diligently, even though my search fu is usually weak. Dogpile might turn up a lead that DuckDuckGo could miss.

I can't imagine being the only illegal operator out there, on the plus side, I just changed my UHF, (aux must be UHF), from 433MHz, not good, to 434MHz, good! But all I can do is use punishing squelch to keep it from going rogue on me.

If I find something, I'll get back here.

USASAgencyman

Funny how a condo gate control can use a button press on your phone to open a gate for a guest, but BaoFeng has yet to provide in its O.S. a button code that can be transmitted, (just a keypress tone to shut down), in this case, to the cross banding base station radio already receiving a signal.

I'd bet it could be done with far less work for their guys than some of the "features" they do provide.

It might be something that could be done by millions of owners with a firmware upgrade!

I know... Wishful thinking and all that!!!

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
But all I can do is use punishing squelch to keep it from going rogue on me.

When I was doing a lot of cross banding, I ALWAYS protected my simplex side with PL/DPL. I actually had 2 memories, one VHF, one UHF, dedicated for cross band use. I always had my squelch set just tight enough to keep the receiver quiet. No need for ‘punishing’ squelch.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
You can certainly use one of those IP electrical outlets to shut the entire radio off remotely, assuming you are using AC (i.e. a power supply plugged into a wall outlet). That's the failsafe I use on all my remote equipment, aside from the amps, and it works great.

USASAgencyman

You can certainly use one of those IP electrical outlets to shut the entire radio off remotely, assuming you are using AC (i.e. a power supply plugged into a wall outlet). That's the failsafe I use on all my remote equipment, aside from the amps, and it works great.
I have one of those, used for dual NAS, to always have a scanned and unencrypted image and backup, protection from ransomware. But the only way I could use one in my car, where the 7800 resides, would be to run it off my inverter, which would eat up my mobile battery bank! Wifi would be problematic too, unless I put in a dedicated hot spot.

However, for some that might be reading this thread, an IP power strip would be a good thing! THX. :)

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
Gotcha. Yeah, you had mentioned base station in your first post, so I was hoping it would be at home. As you say, not an easy endeavor in a mobile setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.