Croton PD input

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Have to program a new radio for my fire chiefs truck, I have the output of the repeater as 156.15 pl 162.2. I need the input frequency and PL. I have run the towns FRN and found no license for a repeater just fixed base. Did a 5 mile radius search of the town and came up with no frequencies other than the 156.15. I do remember that there use to be a MRD repeater for this area, but I don't know how to get the information. I am sure those licenses are long expired. The reason for the new radio is to get away from the old radio repair shop, so asking them is not an option, I also wonder if there is even a license for the station as a repeater.

radioman2001

There definitely is a repeater, when you listen, cars and even the portables come in loud and clear even when they are on the other side of town from where I am, and there is a short .5 to 1 second hang time on the transmission. Maybe they didn't license it as a repeater. I saw the same info on the ULS, I also tried running area search too. The only other license the town has is on the old PD channel 37.10, which is used by the highway dept.

radioman2001

You da man!! That's probably it. I am going to program it the mobile and try talking to HQ. Interesting as how that frequency isn't even licensed to them. The only users within 30 miles are in Rockland, Orange and Bergen counties. It is quite possible that the repeater is a leftover from the 70's MRD program from the LEAA. I forget how they were licensed, but most of the Towns and Villages where they repeaters were located just took them over for their own use when they realized that the VHF radios didn't give them the same coverage they had with their old low band equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.