Crown Vics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhp9943

Click on the link below for the Best looking console ever.

my.php

http://img89.imageshack.us/my.php?image=00000020ac.jpg

Last edited:

nhp9943

CVPI4Ever said:
Thats nice. It would be better if it was painted to match the interior. Otherwise, it looks out of place.

What? You are crazy or stoned. I am sure your cheap Pro Copper console is much better. Sarcasim!

Southtown800

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
what is the name of the consoles?....i forget the name of the specific model that would fit?...also, i would need one to fit 2 motorola spectra's....the dash mount kind, not the control head versions......would i need it specailly made,

JohnnyGalaga

Banned
Southtown800 said:
what is the name of the consoles?....i forget the name of the specific model that would fit?...also, i would need one to fit 2 motorola spectra's....the dash mount kind, not the control head versions......would i need it specailly made,
Are you a cop ?

wdz

Feed Provider
I have a troy console in mine, and have seen a lot of jotto desk stuff that has impressed me. Sometimes you can find used ones on ebay for a pretty good price. I'd say you can't really go wrong with either of those brands.

And, why do so many on this board have to have such an attitude about stuff? It's real helpful of you people who like to make snide comments about other peoples stuff, when the original post was asking for help. Can't we just all chill out, and if you can't say something nice simply not say anything at all?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
wdz said:
And, why do so many on this board have to have such an attitude about stuff? It's real helpful of you people who like to make snide comments about other peoples stuff, when the original post was asking for help. Can't we just all chill out, and if you can't say something nice simply not say anything at all?
You seem like the person who needs to chill out. CVPI didn't seem to find it as offensive as you did. That's who it was directed, not you or the OP.

Relax!

-Wayne

wdz

Feed Provider
Both companies sell face plates to fit many different radios, spectra's are pretty common so getting a face plate for them should be no problem. Jotto desk also makes a no holes drill laptop mount that is pretty sweet too! :)

Southtown800

Banned
that is what i am looking for, i have to spectra's that need to be mounted, so i am looking for the right console, and i would also be looking for that laptop mount, thanks alot for all your help, and if you have a webpage you can direct me too that would be great as well,

also, would my local radio shop be able to do a professional installation?....and do you know how much it would run me to do so?

wdz

Feed Provider
Troy consoles:
http://www.troyproducts.com/products/consoles.htm

jotto desk consoles:
http://www.jottodesk.com/Comersus/s...oriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=173&status=-1

jotto desk laptop mount:
http://www.jottodesk.com/Comersus/s...goriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=21&status=-1

As for what your local radio shop will charge you, I can't really say. The ones around here usually charge 65 dollars an hour plus supplies. They should be able to do an install no problem. You could probably install the console and laptop mount yourself. Most of them only require that you unbolt the seat bolts, slip the mounts in place, and rebolt them down. If your seat bolts are rusty, use some liquid wrench on them before trying to remove them. I learned the hard way by breaking the heads off of mine, and had to drill what was left out.

Southtown800

Banned
that is what i will probally do, i went to a local radio shop to get a GP350 programmed, i gave them my department letter head and all, and they still were skeptical, and they charged $55 an hour to program!!!....wow, so i can only imagine what is would cost to get an install, i would love to take on the project,

now, i ask to many questions, and i need to know, because i have never done an install,
where and how would i wire the radios?....like i said, i have never done an install, so i am new to this and i dont want to mess up the radios, will it be fairly simple to just set the radios in the console?....

should i install the power cords and antenna's first and then plug in the radios, any install info would help, thanks alot....

nhp9943

ebay user name "saberastro" has troy consoles and faceplates for the spectras new and used. I have bought a ton from him and his prices are less than troy direct.

oilmillcharlie

Premium Subscriber
Crown Vics

Southtown800 said:
i just recently bought a 2003 Crown vic P71,
i am looking for any photos on mounting so i can get some ideas....anyone got any photos?

Here is my simple setup.

Attachments

• DSCF0241a.JPG
    DSCF0241a.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 1,103

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
Also look into Havis Shields. For consoles, they are the best, but that's just my opinion. They sell about 1203481 different kinds of consoles specifically for p71's. Personally, I have a track mounted 18" console, and a track mounted laptop stand in my explorer. It came out of a p71.

Status
Not open for further replies.