CRPD/CRFD feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

splash1

Premium Subscriber
Temporarily added a few CRPD and CRFD talk groups to my Jones, Johnson, Linn, and Cedar co feed until sgarringer's feed is back up. Hope this helps out a little for the CRPD listeners. There is a little buzz in the feed that i cant seem to get out.

Please let me know if this is not to anyone liking.

rick

SCPD

QRT
I'd like to know who "wrote" this icecast frontend? It seems to crash any time my display goes to sleep and then wakes back up.

The feeds should be back up, until the next time I go to use my computer at which time the software will crash once again.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
I'd like to know who "wrote" this icecast frontend? It seems to crash any time my display goes to sleep and then wakes back up.

The feeds should be back up, until the next time I go to use my computer at which time the software will crash once again.

I don't know what they have people using for RR feeds nowadays, but the ScannerCast software that was customized for RR was written by Peter, K1PGV and is probably now the most popular software for streaming to RR. He is also a member here by the username of K1PGV. He's a great guy, give him feedback and he'll fix the bug or work to implement a suggestion into the next release.

If you're not already using Peter's software, I'd check it out.

SCPD

QRT
The Scannercast software was very problematic on my system. It seems any time a USB device is added or removed then the software crashes. Now, logically you would say why would you add or remove USB devices that often, which is a good point, except my monitor contains a USB hub, and when I power off the monitor, that disconnects the USB hub.

Not to mention that I notice that LAME project code is implemented in that software, yet the GPL license is nowhere to be found upon installing the software. :(

Anyway, now I am running based on Oddcast, and it is 1000x more stable, I don't believe it has crashed once. I simply need to finish building my ground-loop isolator next week and it should be stable -and- quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.