CRPD Feed Modification

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have attempted to mix the audio from the Marion PD dispatch on the right channel and CRPD/CRFD on the left channel. Right now I am using my 70cm radio for the Marion PD feed so it may disappear if I need the radio, I will be looking for a budget radio to use for that input, and once I get the radio I will feed it through a separate soundcard and a separate feed for Marion.

SCPD

QRT
I'm kinda surprised no one has started carrying it sooner. A radio capable of receiving Marion costs less than 20 bucks and I am able to get a good signal off just a rubber duck antenna... although the radio tuned to it now is quite a bit more expensive and hooked to a 450MHz Yagi pointed toward Marion.

Baley

I didnt know that. I knew I had listened to it before, but I thought it was on with the Cedar Rapids feed

SCPD

QRT
Well I think it was on the CR feed before. When I stepped up to take over CR though, I didn't want to lock down my scanner and risk missing CR calls when it is stuck on Marion. Hopefully the solution I implemented is tolerable until I get a 2nd soundcard and radio configured.

SCPD

QRT
Marion will be off the air tonight as I need to use my HT to keep ready for the approaching storms. Have a good night, and if you'll be out chasing stay safe!

timkilbride

Database Admin
I have a UHF 8 channel Motorola GM300 I'm working on for a Marion PD feed. My accy connector came today so I can feed the audio from the radio into my computer. I am still working on a program cable to program the GM300.

Tim K.

Baley

I noticed Marion was down. I have listened 10 or 12 hours. I have noticed that no matter what player I was using, when I would slide all the way to the left or right, I would still get Marion and CRPD talking over each other. Thanks for getting the other scanner to set this up. I REALLY applicate it!
Good luck with the storms tonight and stay safe!

SCPD

QRT
@timkilbride : Let me know when you're ready, I'll request assistance for the marion feed I set up and turn it over to you if you would like.

@Baley : It seems that despite my changes to the config for the stream control it was reverted back to mono encoding. Please try again now and let me know. I edited the config by hand. There will be a bit of crosstalk despite my best intentions due to the way they are wired (common ground) but it should be easier to null out one or the other now.

Baley

I listened to your feed for over 7 hours today and its been great. There is still a SMALL amount of cross over but really good overall.
Thanks for doing this!

timkilbride

Database Admin
@timkilbride : Let me know when you're ready, I'll request assistance for the marion feed I set up and turn it over to you if you would like.

Things went pretty smooth piecing this radio(GM300) together. I put in for a feed. Here is the channel line-up:

Scan List:

460.475 167.9 Marion PD Dispatch
460.500 167.9 Marion Info
460.400 156.7 Marion "Blue"
460.275 167.9 Marion Link
460.550 167.9 AREA 11
460.525 Marion Fire X-band Repeat

Programmed, but currently not in the scan list:

453.100 94.8 Hiawatha PW/PD Car 2 Car
463.075 192.8 Air Care Dispatch

I'm using a VHF antenna for now. I don't have any UHF stuff laying around. Hopefully over the next couple days I can get one built. I will probably go with a folded dipole and should clear up the signal. Right now the signal will fade a bit.

Tim K.

SCPD

QRT
@timkilbride I submitted a "request assistance" and provided your username with the Marion feed. I've had several complaints about the audio since the change, so as soon as you get the Marion PD seperate feed up I will be removing Marion from my feed.

@Ebenge It is part of the Cedar Rapids Motorola SmartZone II system, the frequencies of which are well known. You need a trunking receiver and a P25 decoder for the digital portions.

SCPD

QRT
@timkilbride if you want I have a 4-bay folded dipole phased antenna I could loan you for a bit. It's just sitting under my deck at the moment. I will take a picture and see if you would like to borrow it.

20gh20h.jpg

The antenna has a MALE N connector and is fairly good sized (4 foot aprox) but it has some killer gain.

Last edited:

IowaBrian

Please don't put in Marion Info that is just junk 27's and 28's with a stupid printer in the background and it isn't even Marion, more like Area 11 1027 -28's. I hate that chan, can you tell :)
Also Aircare Dispatch is a no go here as they use Racom and I have never picked up anything on local dispatch. I did in Waterloo years ago but never here. You might want to put in EMS-2 they dispatch and talk to the ground(CMed and local ground) so it is ok as they also do pt reports on that freq for the non 800 freg Adam units.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
OK i have now associated "timkilbride" with the Marion Police feed.

Last edited:

timkilbride

Database Admin
Please don't put in Marion Info that is just junk 27's and 28's with a stupid printer in the background and it isn't even Marion, more like Area 11 1027 -28's. I hate that chan, can you tell :)
Also Aircare Dispatch is a no go here as they use Racom and I have never picked up anything on local dispatch. I did in Waterloo years ago but never here. You might want to put in EMS-2 they dispatch and talk to the ground(CMed and local ground) so it is ok as they also do pt reports on that freq for the non 800 freg Adam units.

I understand Aircare Dispatch channel isn't used in CR. I can hear the Iowa City dispatches on it however. I don't plan on scanning it, but thought I would program it in "just in case". The radio won't do VHF, I'm stuck with just UHF frequencies. EMS-2 is on the Linn Co VHF feed.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.