Cruise Ship Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

stafuneral

In 2022, we will be cruising once again. Looking for Carnival frequencies. Does anyone have any up to date listings?

Thanks in Advance!

Jeff
W1KGB

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

ecps92

Not much has changed for Frequencies in many years.
The change has been from Analog to DMR, so if you don't have a DMR Radio you maybe out of luck

In 2022, we will be cruising once again. Looking for Carnival frequencies. Does anyone have any up to date listings?

Thanks in Advance!

Jeff
W1KGB

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
If cruise lines still exist by then, and remember, they like to take your radios away on cruise ships now.

ecps92

YMMV as to radios being confiscated [Personal experience - both ways]
all depends on which Cruise Line and what port. :)

If cruise lines still exist by then, and remember, they like to take your radios away on cruise ships now.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber

I have been on 2-3 cruises a year almost consistently for over 20 years on multiple cruise lines all around the world, and have brought darn near every type of handheld radio on board. Not once have I even been questioned, let alone have radios confiscated. Since I'm usually with family, it's normally 3 or 4 radios too. I have brought them on in carry on and checked baggage. The only electronic device that has ever been questioned was my electric razor, and that was just to remind me to plug it into the jack specifically for electric razors, once I got on board.

The only cruise line that definitely consistently takes radios away (and I know from friends, not from personal experience) is Disney, because they want you to pay to rent their little phone/radio things.

Most cruises out of the US are packed with Baofengs and bubble pack radios, and Baofengs and PMR radios overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.