Crusade For Children Comms

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisvilleScanMan

Premium Subscriber
I was monitoring the simplex freqs being used by the FDs in my area for thier crusade ops.

153.830 Highview FD
151.250 Buechel FD ?
154.310 Okolona FD
153.785 ?
153.875 ?

Check it out, they are less formal on there so it gets pretty funny at times.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The 151.250 frequency is the input to Okolona channel 8. I'm mystified on Buechel being heard on it, unless they were talking to an Okolona unit. They might have changed the PL tone and are sneaking around the repeater, using that as a simplex channel, however.

Okolona is trying to use the simplex version of 154.31 (channel 8), as this is a channel also used in Nelson County and Okolona's use won't drown them out unnecessarily.

I think the 153.875 channel is one that is a training channel and is not repeated. 153.785 is unknown to me.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I can't say for sure what they used downtown, but I think "regular" fire radios were used, so Fire 4 may be a decent bet.

We did $86K up $3K from last year - not bad considering the economy.

Okolona was using both - simplex for units close to each other (portable to portable) and that was the majority. Repeater when there was distance involved. We had a radio issue and could not use the 153.83 for roadblocks as we usually do.

LouisvilleScanMan

Premium Subscriber
Not to dis your dept , chief but...

$ 167,658.72 HIGHVIEW RULES!!!

Unfortunatly we will probably have to wait for another nice old rich person to die and leave thier $$$ to HFD before we'll beat PRP again. But still...

:) HIGHVIEW, HIGHVIEW, HIGHVIEW, HIGHVIEW... ect :)

jcpd9720

Sorry I've been away for so long...

PLAY NICE!!! Okolona did splendid this year. Think about it like this, we only do road blocks for 4 days, and 2 of those days are for a fairly short amount of time.

As far as Okolona 8 and 16 (16 is what we refer to the simplex of 8 so that radio challenged people don't get confused) I was unable to find a way for me to make 8 simplex on the in-car mobile, and 16 isn't programmed in it, so I had to use the repeater when talking to the kids I was taking house to house. It actually sounds kinda funny hearing half of the conversations over the radio though:

out of nowhere "Go ahead"
pause
"Okay, I'll be there in a little bit"

Chief, do we have any buttons set up on the vhf mot m1225's to make a channel simplex? I know it's possible to set one up to do it, I just haven't played with ours to see if they are already.

Status
Not open for further replies.