Crystals and an old Regency

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I think I am in the right place. I live in Cook County. Today I went back and found a blast from my past...a Regency 8 crystal scanner, the exact type my first scanner was in 1972. I bet many of the younger guys here have never seen this great unit.

I realize that picking up the Starcom system with 8 crystals won't work..lol.

I was wondering if anyone here could provide me with any simple single frequencies of anything around Cook. I will take Taxis, Buses, anything at all. I am not fussy...just want to purchase some crystals and watch this dinosaur work.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

Greg

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
I think I am in the right place. I live in Cook County. Today I went back and found a blast from my past...a Regency 8 crystal scanner, the exact type my first scanner was in 1972. I bet many of the younger guys here have never seen this great unit.

I realize that picking up the Starcom system with 8 crystals won't work..lol.

I was wondering if anyone here could provide me with any simple single frequencies of anything around Cook. I will take Taxis, Buses, anything at all. I am not fussy...just want to purchase some crystals and watch this dinosaur work.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

Greg

If you're in Palatine, Harper College PD is a decent listen-nothing too serious or major, but active-on 453.900. I'd probably put in one for ISPERN on 155.475, maybe one for IREACH on 155.055. I'd also recommend Cook County's Interop 1, 453.950. If you want local police, you could go for QuadCom that covers South Barrington, East/West Dundee, Sleepy Hollow, and Carpentersville on 471.1625. Barrington Police is on 470.8125. Just a few suggestions!

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Awesome..I really appreciate it. I will definitely get those crystals. I had no clue what to look for...its a big help for me.

Thanks again.

Hoffman Estates...hmmm..maybe we will meet someday.

Greg

greggk

Premium Subscriber
My Regency TME-8 arrived today. It looks like new! Everything works. Now to get some crystals for it :)

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.