CS-RX7 programming software for IC-RX7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elho

I've been looking to get this software and have had a hard time so far. It seems that the software has to be bought but there's only a package with a USB cable. I don't want that, I need no cable or a serial cable.

Is there a specific software for every Icom Radio or is it one software that works with all models?
Is it really true that the software is only sold? I mean is there no legal way of downloading it? After all, it's a simple transfer software handling a handful of numbers over a serial protocol that belongs to one device (can be coded in a few hours)! Every other (serial) device I ever owned had such an (essential) piece of software included or downloadable for free. Or is this a fancy program?

If anyone can provide me a link or offer to buy just the (used) software and no cable (or at least a serial) go ahead!
Download after payment is strongly preferred since mailing is not that easy for me.

questnz

Elho, software comes as a KIT and only work on RX7 Receiver. Actually it is a very basic software you cannot CONTROL scanner, only program. IT will not let you sort frequencies in any particular order etc.
Cannot copy and paste either. If you have existing Icom cable OPC 478 UC software will work.
Until Butel release something for RX7 you (we) at the mercy of Icom and it is specific for the RX7 Scanner. Still better than program scanner manually.

Bill_White

Side note…
I wouldn’t expect many more, if any, updates of the CS RX7 software…
Perusing the new AES, Amateur Electronic Supply, Catalog
I find the RX-7-05 (US version) listed as a close out item.

questnz

To date, No software updates, NO firmware updates for RX7. Not sure exactly but far as I can tell US version have Cellular blocked (still) !!! but have Tuning Steps Auto option. Rest of the world version is unblocked but don't have Auto stepping option. Otherwise is a good BASIC analog scanner and easy to use.
Speaker loudness not that good, in the car I prefer to use Belkin FM transmitter to listen via car radio.
Ideally my wish list is for better audio and some form of close call.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.