CSEPP/Calhoun Co 9600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

This is what I have gathered with my Pro-96 when I can receive the control channel-859.7625: Sys Id-1D0, BEE00, T0101 . I haven't see/heard any talk groups when receiving the signal. When running Unitrunker on the 3600 system I have noticed what appears to be encrypted talkgroups. When I am finished weeding out the possible encrypted groups and unidentified groups I will post them.

Steve
KD4LCY

wwhitby

Feed Provider
Hi Steve:

There was some discussion here about a month or two ago about this system. Apparently, much of it is going to be encrypted. :evil:

Bad news for scanner owners in that area......

Warren

Steve

Today I heard the following talkgroups: 1,2,and 3 active with clear voice possibly testing on going. Voice channel was 860.7625.

Even with the encryption issue, I still believe it is useful to pass along the info as it discovered. After 20 years of public safety dispatching, I do not like the use of encryption for everything. Encryption should be used on sensitive items and information, as well as sensitive operations. Just me 1/2 of cent.

Steve
KD4LCY

Last edited:

wwhitby

Feed Provider
Steve said:
After 20 years of public safety dispatching, I do not like the use of encryption for everything. Encryption should be used on sensitive items and information, as well as sensitive operations. Just me 1/2 of cent.

Hi Steve:

I agree with you 100%. Encryption has its uses, such as you mentioned, but i've never believed it should be used for everything.

I was looking at the information for the new Memphis/Shelby County, Tennessee system, and even though it does have encryption, its restricted to Vice, Narcotics, etc talkgroups. In other words, it strikes a good balance between public information and officer safety/operational privacy.

Warren

jimn0868

Whitby, You want to know why Calhoun County is encrypting the radio system, Because they got caught using Federal Funds for personel use. David Thompson gave radios out to all of his buddies, such as State Troopers and several other people with his own personel Talkgroup, which was DAVIDDIG talkgroup no.36368. There was several times that the conversations were recorded, It did not concern Ema business. When Dan Long was questioned about this talkgroup, He said it was not on the radio system, I then sent him a copy that was given to me from his office. Also MCCORDS ccommunications gave me the same information. He still denined that it was on the system. Hundreds of people listened to it on there scanners every day. Thats why its being encrypted. Also Dan Long told me that it was not being encrypted, but I had already talked to the people at MCCORDS, and they told me the truth ! Several people have contacted there Attorneys to file paper work to a federal judge in Bham. With the documents they have and the recordings, the Judge will not like what he sees and hears. So now we know the reason the radio system is being encrypted !!! The people of Calhoun County are tired of being lied to , We are not going to put up with this anymore ! Its time to stop this ! Dan long has made so many citizens of calhoun county mad and upset at him. This is my home and and my town no one is going to lie to me anymore. I fought for our freedom in the United States and Im not going to have it took away from me. Its getting more and more like communism !!! All of our rights are being took away, one by one every day. Keep an eye on the T.V. and the newspapers, Its time that everyone in Alabama knows about this. People do wrong, there gonna get caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.