scanner1

Should/can this system be entered as p25 or p25 single frequency on the X36hp scanners??

XPS720

Premium Subscriber
Yes the CSERN system on my BCD536HP, was appended to it's self as a new system as I called it CT ST Police. I am able to hear Troop C,D,E, and K very well in my area. All 800's were added to the 700's on CSERN.

WoodburyMan

If I turn off the squelch, I get 859.9375 with -50 to 65 dBm but no tags . I'll sit on it while watching the Red Sox hopefully win tonight.
Any update on 859.9375?

Unfortunately I didn't make it up to Sharon to test out and scan the site there for a good amount of time.

I did however pick up a NICE new Antenna that works on CSERN very well. It's made for 3G cell phone boosters, but since they're 700/800MHz they work PERFECTLY for CSERN. Less than $20, but you need a N to SMA cable, or N to BNC cable. I got a SMA cable and use a BNC to SMA adapter so I can easily use it with my SDS100 (SMA) or SDS200 (BNC)
7 Element 700/800 Yagi
10ft LMR195 N to SMA Cable

I was using a small 50Mhz to 1300MHz window mounted antenna, which really only worked on high UHF 700Mhz and up well, combined with a 17" Mobile Scanner Master all band 25MHz-1300MHZ that got VHF and lower UHF better, combined with a splitter. This caused so many headaches and the cables weren't the same, different length cords, etc, so P25 signals came in semi-garbled. Either way I got Troop L Simulcast at about -95db and Troop I at -110db and Troop A at -110db to -115db. Waterbury also came in -110db. With this antenna pointed east for me, Troop L is now -88db, Troop I -100db, Troop A -105db, and Waterbury -98db. Plus I changed my VHF/UHF antenna to using a nice 10ft LMR195 cable with a Diamond UHF/VHF antenna stolen from a radio of mine, and it works PERFECT now. I get all in down P25 on VHF, neihboring towns UHF, and all the CSERN sites I can get very well now and with the same cable length and type P25 timing is not an issue anymore. The fact the UHF/VHF antenna doesnt pick up any high UHF 700/800mhz also helps.

There's also a 8/9 element version on Amazon a little pricier ($45) that I just ordered to test out to use mobile. Utilizing that will REALLY help, directional pointing right at the site you want help find where it is plus isolate it from another simulcast site.

LouieCT

Premium Subscriber
Any one know what talk group 4001 and 3021 and 3041 and 1541 are? Been very busy lately and coming in strong here in New Fairfield

snowscout

Any one know what talk group 4001 and 3021 and 3041 and 1541 are? Been very busy lately and coming in strong here in New Fairfield
The 3000 stuff I think is Judicial, 4001 I think might be DEEP and 1541 might be that Fairfield thing in the CSERN RR DATBASE.

Edit @8:28 EST

Last edited:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I have yet to figure out how to get this system to work on my 325P2, even though all the frequencies are there (though imported from the RR Database).

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
What happens when you take it for a ride in the car?

I will have to try that.

The full database version of the system works on my sds100 when traveling but not at home. But the custom favorites list that I have with the frequencies on it do work from home. I suspect that the same list has to be populated for the 325p2. I'm assuming there are control channels in the list that make it work.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure you are monitoring CLMRN? There was a post recently about someone who was getting a number of unknown TGs and was actually receiving a different system.
DEEP would be 14xx

chris

cg

Premium Subscriber
FYI, Troop H Simulcast now showing 853.2625 as a Secondary Control Channel, This makes 4 control channels for Site 28.

chris

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
What happens when you take it for a ride in the car?

So I can confirm after taking it for a ride in the car that the system that was pulled from the radio reference database does work when I'm not home. The sds100 behaves the same way using the database from Radio Reference, but the custom one that @WoodburyMan gave me functions perfectly fine from home, so obviously something was done, probably involving control channels, to cause the custom favorites list to work from home. I just need to figure out what that was and try to replicate it using free scan for the p2532 so I can hear the state PD again on that.

The HomePatrol II has the same favorites list that I mentioned above but it does not work on that unit, I am guessing that it's too old and just doesnt play nice with this new system.

leadjammer

So I can confirm after taking it for a ride in the car that the system that was pulled from the radio reference database does work when I'm not home. The sds100 behaves the same way using the database from Radio Reference, but the custom one that @WoodburyMan gave me functions perfectly fine from home, so obviously something was done, probably involving control channels, to cause the custom favorites list to work from home. I just need to figure out what that was and try to replicate it using free scan for the p2532 so I can hear the state PD again on that.

The HomePatrol II has the same favorites list that I mentioned above but it does not work on that unit, I am guessing that it's too old and just doesnt play nice with this new system.

Darkness, that can't be true. I have the HP 1 and pick up the new system. The HP II should do the job even better.

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber

Sounds like your hearing the Suffolk County New York trunk system. 3021 is there Aviation Medevac talkgroup.

APX7500X2

I will have to try that.
I suspect that the same list has to be populated for the 325p2. I'm assuming there are control channels in the list that make it work.
I have a BCD325P2 working on they system great, But I build all my own stuff and don't import from RR (to many errors). Ill PM you my file if a can but I use ARCXT software (free download to try)

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Darkness, that can't be true. I have the HP 1 and pick up the new system. The HP II should do the job even better.

Well it is true, I can show you a video. Side by side comparison with the sds100 and the other two scanners.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I have a BCD325P2 working on they system great, But I build all my own stuff and don't import from RR (to many errors). Ill PM you my file if a can but I use ARCXT software (free download to try)

I got your message, I will hopefully get some time this weekend to give it a try. Thank you!

I wonder if different systems configured from two different programs can be loaded on the scanner at the same time?