chassed

Feed Provider
Cut over to the new P25 system is scheduled for Tuesday June 11th between 9:00 and 15:00.

seesharp15

Premium Subscriber
i ran in trunk discovery mode all day today scanning the fairfield site with no avoids and full database turned on... Only got 35 hits... Most of the audio is jumbled voice... sounds like decode errors. also none of the talkgroups that i found are listed on RR.

oddly enough when scanning the Troop E Simulcast site, i get hits on TG 19 for Stamford fire dept. i'm located in fairfield cty

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Near me I do pick up Troop A and H and whatever else is on CSERN for this area. But in my apartment I don't pick up CSERN. I am wondering if a different antenna, one better tuned to the correct MHZ, would help. I currently have the Remtronix antenna on the SDS100. Any thoughts?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
It makes me feel somewhat better that I am not the only one that seems to be experiencing issues with receiving CSERN. I realize that I am not in the best area in the world for scanning, but I do pick up Troop L, H, G, and A on the old CSP system with my SDS100, BCD325P2, and occasionally HPII even from my valley type wooded location.

Is there any way to know if reception of CSERN will improve once they are no longer dividing resources between the two systems?

I am trying to be hopeful, I would be extremely upset if I was no longer able to receive any State PD after the switch-over. The area I am in is almost entirely covered by the state PD in terms of police activity, and thus if CSERN is unmonitorable from home it will essentially blind me. :confused:

SVFC462

Feed Provider
My 996T picks up the legacy system perfectly. And I hear most of the troops (H, BDL, L, B, C, K, E, I, A). I did take all of the frequencies and populate them into one site. (I am using proscan)

My 996p2’s pick up both systems fine. But I need to update the talk groups.

FYI - I have already changed the CSP Troop H feed scanner on broadcastify to a 996p2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
My 996T picks up the legacy system perfectly. And I hear most of the troops (H, BDL, L, B, C, K, E, I, A). I did take all of the frequencies and populate them into one site. (I am using proscan)

FYI - I have already changed the CSP Troop H feed scanner on broadcastify to a 996p2

Do you pick up the new CSERN though?

coolrich55

Do you live in the middle part of the state to be able to listen to A and E?

SVFC462

Feed Provider
I live between Bradley Airport and Hartford.

Yes I can pick up the new system both at home and in my explorer.

seesharp15

Premium Subscriber
To clarify, I live in southwest connecticut and I'm picking up Troop E Simulcast.... Getting Stamford Fire dept on TG 19, and the TG for Troop C was Stamford Operations (the city ambassadors). There was encrypted traffic on TG 64 so I don't know what it was - I'd guess local police. I think they're doing testing before the cutover on 6/11 (as someone posted above). It seems like the TG's are just out of date on RR. Once there's reliable traffic I'll run discovery on the system --- the above just doesn't seem right at all (because I'm ~80 miles away from Troop E ....)

seesharp15

Premium Subscriber
Talking about 700mhz... CSERN - Connecticut Statewide Emergency Response Network (P25 Phase II). The old state police system is a Motorola Type II SmartZone, which is getting phased out.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I live between Bradley Airport and Hartford.

Yes I can pick up the new system both at home and in my explorer.

Yes I don't have a problem picking it up in that area either, but my concern is picking it up from home which is near troop A. if I drive a half a mile up the road I start to pick up CSERN but not from home which is why I am concerned. I dont want to be in the dark and I cant just move right now.

coolrich55

Well I have some interesting info. I've been using my psr500 for many years now. That's why I've been unable to monitor csern. I got my pro668 going and bingo. Full signal from the E site and Colchester site. The T icon is there and is steady. Unfortunately I have a whole different problem now. Since the data base is not current in the 668 and I don't have internet service for my computer at this time I had to manually add the E site and new TG's to the 668 program. The strangest thing is now happening. The scanner is stopping on the Stonington, Groton and Troop E dispatch TG but no audio and the voice channels that are being displayed make no sense. 796.996875 -795.96875-849.4125-849.4000 to name a few. I'm stumped.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
I get Troops H,I,G,A,L on old system and CSERN. I also get Chester Ambulance. I am using a 996P2 with a mobile antenna outside the house. I listen to a lot of other stuff as well I know I can hear Hartford from where I am so what I can do is sometime this weekend turn off everything else but CSERN and see exactly what I can hear. Really weird is I heard Troop E for the first time in a long time the other day

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I get Troops H,I,G,A,L on old system and CSERN. I also get Chester Ambulance. I am using a 996P2 with a mobile antenna outside the house. I listen to a lot of other stuff as well I know I can hear Hartford from where I am so what I can do is sometime this weekend turn off everything else but CSERN and see exactly what I can hear. Really weird is I heard Troop E for the first time in a long time the other day
My sds100 and bcd325p2 do pick up csern elsewhere, I just an concerned about my apartment. Maybe when they fully search over the reception will improve since they won't be dividing resources between the 2. I cant have a mounted roof antenna but I might end up trying a window mounted type if screwing around with filters doesn't work.

coolrich55

I can confirm what someone posted recently. The switchover is happening Tuesday. A troop K dispatcher just mentioned it. At least some of us are more prepared for it now compared to when low band went dark around 2003 I believe. Sucks I can't get my pro668 to work properly yet. We'll see what happens Tuesday. Also tonight I'm getting a fairly strong signal off the Colchester site on my psr500 but still nothing from the E site. Makes no sence unless it's the weather.

Last edited: