RF-Sponge

I get Troops H,I,G,A,L on old system and CSERN. I also get Chester Ambulance. I am using a 996P2 with a mobile antenna outside the house. I listen to a lot of other stuff as well I know I can hear Hartford from where I am so what I can do is sometime this weekend turn off everything else but CSERN and see exactly what I can hear. Really weird is I heard Troop E for the first time in a long time the other day
Chester Ambulance? Do tell !?!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SVFC462

Feed Provider
Chester Ambulance? Do tell !?!

I had been told that there MIGHT BE a crosspatch for Middlesex County’s 46.18. That might be true if you heard Chester Ambulance.

There is a lot of potential for this new system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

georged4997

Premium Subscriber
I Just put up a DPD Productions Antenna For 700mz. Feed with LMR 400. The Scanner 996P2. The Antenna Has To Be up At Least 50 Ft . Its 6Ft Above The Peek Of the Roof . I Am Only Getting Two Bars On the Radio. Lets See What Happens. I Am In Sprague.

MOTORHEAD27

Premium Subscriber
I am in Essex, I only get the Haddam site half the time. I have outside antenna.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I Just put up a DPD Productions Antenna For 700mz. Feed with LMR 400. The Scanner 996P2. The Antenna Has To Be up At Least 50 Ft . Its 6Ft Above The Peek Of the Roof . I Am Only Getting Two Bars On the Radio. Lets See What Happens. I Am In Sprague.
I am in Essex, I only get the Haddam site half the time. I have outside antenna.
I Hope It Works.

So it seems like I am not the only one experiencing poor reception on CSERN. hopefully it means they'll improve it when it switches over fully ... ?

msingewald

Premium Subscriber
To clarify, I live in southwest connecticut and I'm picking up Troop E Simulcast.... Getting Stamford Fire dept on TG 19, and the TG for Troop C was Stamford Operations (the city ambassadors). There was encrypted traffic on TG 64 so I don't know what it was - I'd guess local police. I think they're doing testing before the cutover on 6/11 (as someone posted above). It seems like the TG's are just out of date on RR. Once there's reliable traffic I'll run discovery on the system --- the above just doesn't seem right at all (because I'm ~80 miles away from Troop E ....)

I wonder if they are using the Troop E frequencies on the Stamford site as I have never heard anything from Stamford monitoring the Troop G site frequencies. I’ll have to try to hear the E frequencies tomorrow when I’m in Stamford.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there a Troop H site for CSERN? Is it the Avon site? And does the Avon site have two locations (One at BDL and Talcott) like the Troop H 800 site?

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
Is there a Troop H site for CSERN? Is it the Avon site? And does the Avon site have two locations (One at BDL and Talcott) like the Troop H 800 site?

The site listed in the database as "Avon" is actually the new P25 Troop H Simulcast. It transmitts from Talcott Mtn (Avon), Windsor Locks (Bradley Airport), Rocky Hill, and Bristol.

The site listed in the database as "Avon" is actually the new P25 Troop H Simulcast. It transmitts from Talcott Mtn (Avon), Windsor Locks (Bradley Airport), Rocky Hill, and Bristol.

Then in the DB, shouldn't it be named "Troop H" instead of "Avon". Maybe somebody can change it?

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
This weekend while reviewing my pro06com logs, I see the Middlesex County simulcast cell is reporting Site 37 as part of adjacent site, the control channel is 859.9375 which is also used by Litchfield County. Something to keep an eye on.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 53

APX7500X2

So Connecticut transit is on phase 1 that means they’re going to phase 2
Everyone currently on the OLD 4.1 System will be going over the the 7.X P25 system, The P25 system is currently running Phase1 & Phase2 and always will, All of the uses will move to Phase 2 eventualy but some like UASI and some of the first users of the P25 system will take a little time to get there. They also have to combine the 800 channels with the 700 channels at sites so channels at sites will be changing, all invisible to the field untis as the radios do what the control channel tells them to, so sites on the P25 system will eventualy have a mix of 700 & 800 channels

matt04

Premium Subscriber
I live in Enfield near exit 49 and last I tired to listen to the 700p25 system could only get one or two bars at best with a exterior antenna from the Avon/troop H site and no signal at all from the Tolland County site. Meanwhile, the 800 Moto system worked just fine with 2-3 bars inside on the OEM antenna on my 436HP.

WoodburyMan

I'm still confused. What exactly is being switched over tomorrow? The 800mhz Motorolla SmartZone II will still be active, no? (As Troop B, L, and others have yet to get P25 CSERN sites and Talkgroups).