11:50 Troop C and K just finished testing all radios.

Still no UID's on the new system.

Last edited:

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
This weekend while reviewing my pro06com logs, I see the Middlesex County simulcast cell is reporting Site 37 as part of adjacent site, the control channel is 859.9375 which is also used by Litchfield County. Something to keep an eye on.

Site 37 is likely a fill-in site (non-simulcast). So far I only see two licenses with that frequency in Connecticut.

WPPF755
LAKE WARAMAUG ACCESS RD, WASHINGTON

WPUZ457
WEST MAIN ST, SHARON (Sharon Fire Station)

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
The old system. I don't receive anything on any other system. Maybe I have it programmed wrong.

Is the new P2 system in the database? What are the control channels?

The new system is in the database here, though many talkgroups and sites are not included since they just came on this week and still need to be mapped out. Where are you located and what scanner are you using?

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7196

WoodburyMan

I'm getting some weird things with L right now.
My SDS200 keeps locking onto Troop L Dispatch Talkgroup being broadcast from the local 800mhz site, but no audio, nothing. It'll stick there for a 20-30 seconds. If i force to to keep scanning (turn the nob), it gets locked on TG501 (Which should be Troop L Dispatch) on CSERN as well and lock there with no audio or Unit ID's until I turn the nob. It's done this a few times. I believe they're starting the testing for Troop L switchover for sure.

I'm getting some more transmissions on it too now after Noon. One's from the old system, one ID is from the new system.
Annotation 2019-06-11 121823.png

Last edited:

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the link.

Cromwell area. 325P2 and 996XT.

The Rocky Hill site (Part of the Troop H Simulcast) should be the closest site to you. The control channels for Troop H Simulcast are
773.58125a 774.53125c.

If you still having trouble picking them up you may be having simulcast distortion (picking up multiple sites at once). If you adjust your P25 Threshold (usually Level 7 or 8 works best) it will help receive these simulcast sites. This can be done on both the 996XT and 325P2 by holding down the HOLD button while turning on the scanner. Here's a quick video of how to adjust the manual threshold.

matt04

Premium Subscriber
Any chance you can zip and post your config file to confirm system particulars?

I am using a 436HP for CSERN using whatever it pulled from RRDB, it will receive the old Moto system fine as well with the stock rubber antenna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brian943

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
I am using a 436HP for CSERN using whatever it pulled from RRDB, it will receive the old Moto system fine as well with the stock rubber antenna.

Wish someone would post their config file, thats all

WoodburyMan

My 800mhz SmartZone II System for State L site is current OFFLINE. Nothing on the control channel. (Used to get -95db in Woodbury).

Way more Traffic on TG501 on CSERN now for State L. I think they completed the full switchover.

Cheeseburgers

Ahh poop left my laptop w/ Sentinel at home.

The full migration has happened from 800 to 700? Is that what the consensus is here?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
My 800mhz SmartZone II System for State L site is current OFFLINE. Nothing on the control channel. (Used to get -95db in Woodbury).

Way more Traffic on TG501 on CSERN now for State L. I think they completed the full switchover.
I havent had a chance to check mine but when I went home for lunch I did not hear much of anything at all, except some Troop H or something on the old 800 system ...

Last edited:

oldtimeradio

800 MHz still has quite a bit of traffic.
Fire Bldg Emer, JD Transport, JD East, 39 K- Disp 1, DEEP LE West, 49 SW-COM-1 .... all after noon time.
I don't hear 700 to 800 MHz simulcast anymore.
The only 700 MHz Control Channel I hear here in Stafford Spring is site 24 from Bald Hill in Tolland, Ct.

Last edited:

SVFC462

[QUOTE="brian943,
Wish someone would post their config file, thats all[/QUOTE]

I use proscan .. if that is what people are using I’ll post mine.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
troop A announced they are on the new radios today. seem to be getting a,h,c,i,f or parts of it on Troop H Simulcast in Avon. Not sure what I will end up with when its all done.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
i'm using an rtl-sdr dongle and I am in Bloomfield. the new system actually has higher signal strength then the old one. using Troop H Simulcast channel. The Hartford site comes in slightly weaker. Cant receive any of the other groups. But I just am using the stock antenna that came with rtl-sdr.