darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I know it doesnt make sense, but the listing from RR full database for this system does not work on any of my scanners from home. But they work elsewhere.

The custom FL I have loaded in the sds100 with the same system, plus whatever was customized (control channel I am guessing) does work at home even though the full database one does not. So it's not the receiver, it's the configuration of the database.

I will have to try and add the system that @APX7500X2 sent to load that list onto my bcd325p2. I will download the software hopefully this weekend.

Will have to advise if it works ...

WoodburyMan

I will have to try that.

The full database version of the system works on my sds100 when traveling but not at home. But the custom favorites list that I have with the frequencies on it do work from home. I suspect that the same list has to be populated for the 325p2. I'm assuming there are control channels in the list that make it work.
So I can confirm after taking it for a ride in the car that the system that was pulled from the radio reference database does work when I'm not home. The sds100 behaves the same way using the database from Radio Reference, but the custom one that @WoodburyMan gave me functions perfectly fine from home, so obviously something was done, probably involving control channels, to cause the custom favorites list to work from home. I just need to figure out what that was and try to replicate it using free scan for the p2532 so I can hear the state PD again on that.

The HomePatrol II has the same favorites list that I mentioned above but it does not work on that unit, I am guessing that it's too old and just doesnt play nice with this new system.
I found my HPII sucks with CSERN. The HPII I have doesn't do Control Channel following, so it has to scan through all 5-8 channels per site vs just monitor one. Side my side with my SDS100 and 200 with the same antennas (spaced far enough apart..) it picks up less than half of the SDS100 does. The 325p2 says it supports trunk channel following I think reading the specs so a similar setup to the SDS100 may work for you.

Mikesuper26

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, I have a Whistler WS1088 with a Whistler 800 MHz tuned antenna and a Whistler WS1098 using the stock antenna. I get extremely poor reception on this system not only in my apartment in Greenwich but in most places I travel. I will usually see a "T" displayed in the upper center portion of the scanner display for a short time with a fluctuating signal strength meter while locked onto a talk group, followed by the "T" being replaced by an "S" and a weaker signal strength meter. This cycle repeats on both scanners and I usually end up missing transmissions as a result. I never messed with my scanners P25 settings but I am wondering if that needs to be done. Adjusting the regular squelch doesn't seem to help much. I used the EZ scan software to program the system directly from the RR database. Anyone have any ideas? Is anyone else using these scanners to monitor this system?

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if there any talkgroups that I should monitor for the sail fest in new London or For river fest in Hartford?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, I have a Whistler WS1088 with a Whistler 800 MHz tuned antenna and a Whistler WS1098 using the stock antenna. I get extremely poor reception on this system not only in my apartment in Greenwich but in most places I travel. I will usually see a "T" displayed in the upper center portion of the scanner display for a short time with a fluctuating signal strength meter while locked onto a talk group, followed by the "T" being replaced by an "S" and a weaker signal strength meter. This cycle repeats on both scanners and I usually end up missing transmissions as a result. I never messed with my scanners P25 settings but I am wondering if that needs to be done. Adjusting the regular squelch doesn't seem to help much. I used the EZ scan software to program the system directly from the RR database. Anyone have any ideas? Is anyone else using these scanners to monitor this system?

Well like I have been saying the version of the database from RR seems to perform lackluster on scanners. My sds100 is working great since someome gave me a custom favorites list that they modified a bit (control channels). That's why I need to do the same for my BCD325P2.

Mikesuper26

Premium Subscriber
Well like I have been saying the version of the database from RR seems to perform lackluster on scanners. My sds100 is working great since someome gave me a custom favorites list that they modified a bit (control channels). That's why I need to do the same for my BCD325P2.
It very well could be a lackluster scanner database, but it was suggested to me in the Whistler forum that I might be suffering from simulcast distortion, which until today I knew nothing about. As I am in Greenwich I am will try locking out all sites except the Troop G simulcast and see if that helps.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I travel to Wayback Burger over by Newtown Rd. My SDS 100 is silent. My 536, however, receives CSERN quite well along I84 almost to the NY border

mkt853

You shouldn't have to add the voice channels. The control channel instructs the radios which frequency to tune.

scelentano911

Premium Subscriber
Hello All, I just picked up a BCD996P2 and am looking to listen to troop A and G only. I have heard there are may issue and don't have time to read all the comments any help?

BCD996P2 and am looking to listen to troop A and G only.
Welcome to the Forum..

Great scanner!

The is a fairly steep learning curve. Here is a manual:

I use Freescan to program mine. It's free.

The database on this site contains the frequencies and talk groups you'll need to enter.

Enjoy your new toy!

scelentano911

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the Forum..

Great scanner!

The is a fairly steep learning curve. Here is a manual:
[/URL]

I use Freescan to program mine. It's free.
[/URL]

The database on this site contains the frequencies and talk groups you'll need to enter.
[/URL]

Enjoy your new toy!

Thanks! definitely no newbie to radios... new to trunking yes. I have a couple of APx radios and APX mobiles.