How can I hear troop g
You need a scanner capable of hearing it.

The system is currently Phase I but may in the future upgrade to Phase II.

Here is a listing of Uniden scanners:

The SDS series is the most recent model and top-of-the-line.

I use a 325P2, 396XT and 996XT model with great results. Others may recommend other models.

What is your location? You may want to update your profile with your location so people can help you.

Good luck!

Pat1053

You need a scanner capable of hearing it.

The system is currently Phase I but may in the future upgrade to Phase II.

Here is a listing of Uniden scanners:

The SDS series is the most recent model and top-of-the-line.

I use a 325P2, 396XT and 996XT model with great results. Others may recommend other models.

What is your location? You may want to update your profile with your location so people can help you.

Good luck!
What the frequency... and I am in Bridgeport ct

zuzuski

How about Norwich? What talk groups are they on? Has anyone figured them out yet? With five fire departments, a PD, and a paid ambulane how many channels do you think they will get?

coolrich55

Funny you guys mention Norwich today. I was driving behind one of their vehicles today and saw an antenna that looked exactly like what Stonington pd has on theirs.

PhillyPhoto

My understanding is DSD+ and Unitrunker will not work when Phase II is turned on.

I know this is from a ways back, but I just wanted to point out that DSD+ Fast Lane decodes TDMA no problem. I did the $25 with lifetime upgrades.

2 dongles and DSD+ FL gets you P2 (and DMR) for under $100.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The most recent releases of DSD+ Fast Lane can track trunked systems (including P25 TDMA) using a single dongle. No longer necessary to use two.

PhillyPhoto

The most recent releases of DSD+ Fast Lane can track trunked systems (including P25 TDMA) using a single dongle. No longer necessary to use two.
I have to use 2 to hear voice. If the voice channel falls within the 2MHz bandwidth of the CC dongle, it might work though.

Unless you're talking about something else?

cg

Premium Subscriber
Something else.
Using the latest version of DSDPlus Fast Lane, you can trunktrack using 1 SDR. But wait, don't retire the other one, you can run multiple sites with the same set of files and hardware by simply adding a SDR for each additional site and creating a couple new batch files. Read about in the Notes file.

chris

PhillyPhoto

Something else.
Using the latest version of DSDPlus Fast Lane, you can trunktrack using 1 SDR. But wait, don't retire the other one, you can run multiple sites with the same set of files and hardware by simply adding a SDR for each additional site and creating a couple new batch files. Read about in the Notes file.

chris
Yeah, that's what I do now. I was saying to use 2 dongles for control channel + voice. I have a folder for each system I want to monitor to keep the groups and other info nice and neat. I even created a batch file to launch the various systems.

I didn't even know you had to use 2 previously for trunk tracking if that's the case.

WoodburyMan

I know this is from a ways back, but I just wanted to point out that DSD+ Fast Lane decodes TDMA no problem. I did the $25 with lifetime upgrades.

2 dongles and DSD+ FL gets you P2 (and DMR) for under $100.
I have to use 2 to hear voice. If the voice channel falls within the 2MHz bandwidth of the CC dongle, it might work though.

Unless you're talking about something else?
Yep! I think i posted that a long time ago. I switched to DSD+ Fastlane and found it does P2 just fine on Troop F that has some CT-Transit TG's that are P2. I still like Unitrunker's interface for browsing a system and discovery, but DSD+ FL is way better at decoding.

I also use multiple SDR's with mine. At work I'm in range of Troop L, A, and I CC's. L is 800mhz so I use a 2nd SDR to monitor that, and another for A and I since they're within 2mhz of each other in the 700mhz range. I have two small Cell Phone Yagi's I set up on my cube wall, pointed off in directions, and let it sit at my laptop all day gathering up new TG's.

I also set up a small Lenovo 11e EDU laptop I have with DSD+ FL, created a bunch of batch files with the states different CC's set up, and can use that as a mobile scanner. The laptop I got like 3 years ago for less than $200.. two SDR's... Full fledged scanner for way less than any retail one. Even though I own a SDS100 and SDS200 LOL.

PhillyPhoto

I still like Unitrunker's interface for browsing a system and discovery, but DSD+ FL is way better at decoding.
If UniTrunker and DSD+ ever collaborated, I'd drop $50 on the combined software. UT for the interface (and EDACS while Hartford is still on it), and DSD+ for the voice decoding. Heck, TCP support for the voice channel would be nice so you don't have to mess around with virtual audio cable, which DSD+ always complains about.

WoodburyMan

If UniTrunker and DSD+ ever collaborated, I'd drop $50 on the combined software. UT for the interface (and EDACS while Hartford is still on it), and DSD+ for the voice decoding. Heck, TCP support for the voice channel would be nice so you don't have to mess around with virtual audio cable, which DSD+ always complains about.
Agreed! I'd do the same. Just a TCP output in Unitrunker would make it so much nicer to run DSD+ and Unitrunker at the same time. VAC is so messy and I found it never works as well as TCP. I just hate having the extra drivers installed. Plus being able to have remote sites. I have a Pi3 sitting at a buddies house doing ADS-B decoding, I was gonna throw a 2nd SDR on there and 800mhz antenna to pick up other sites I can't get from home with DSD+ FL at least.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Not to prolong the off topic swerve but several things to clarify.
- If you use DSDPlus FL in the past with 2 dongles, you now only need 1. The SDR sits on the CC and then leaves it to go to the Voice Channel. I use a single SDR with Troop H Site with a mix of 700 and 800 channels and it works fine with just the 1 SDR.
- If you have 3 Sites you can hear, you can set up DSDPlus FL to work with 3 SDR dongles all out of a single folder using the same .GROUPS, .RADIOS, etc for all the systems/sites you are monitoring.
- PI's are too weak for running DSDPlus. Anything but an Intel chip works lees than ideal (if at all)

chris