CSI and 37.08Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshumeyk

Premium Subscriber
This past Thursday's episode included a Uniden scanner the victim's mother was monitoring in her kitchen. What really caught my eye was that the frequency on the display was 37.08mhz. Most times scanners show up on TV or movies the frequency displayed is some random number rather than a valid frequency. 37.08 used to be the common police frequency for all of the towns on the route 17 corridor from HoHoKus to Mahwah. I realize the frequency was used other places in the country like Tallahasse and in Baxter Co, Arkansas, but I can't help wonder if someone on the set of CSI is a scanner enthusiast who is originally from Bergen County. I did notice one of the producers is named Frank Waldeck, and I think there may have been a police officer from NW Bergen with that last name in the 1970's.

Mark S

Alarmguy

Former Alarm Guy, turned Radio guy
Premium Subscriber
Ah good old 37.0800. If you wanted to hear what was going on from Ho-Ho-Kus to Mahwah in the old days... well at least till about 1990, When Mahwah was the first to break off to UHF. Now everyone up there has there own UHF freq with the exception of Ho-Ho-Kus who went to VHF-Hi.

mshumeyk

Premium Subscriber
Yes, and there was also 158.73, which covered Northwest Bergen from Glen Rock through Ridgewood, Wyckoff, Midland Park, and Franklin Lakes. And for a time Fair Lawn as well as Elmwood Park (even when it was called East Paterson.) Monitoring just 37.08 and 158.73 let you hear just about everything going on In Northwest Bergen.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have a theory,that movie producers make sure that off the wall frequencies are displayed to avoid any liabilities or disclosure problems,but I'm guessing here.
n9zas

jaymatt1978

If they insist on displaying frequencies I always thought they should display the frequencies they use for movie production. In movies like Copycat and the Die Hard series they used ham radio frequencies for "police communications:

I have a theory,that movie producers make sure that off the wall frequencies are displayed to avoid any liabilities or disclosure problems,but I'm guessing here.
n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.