CSP 5B Pursuit, trooper rammed, TBI ended with crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw2872

At 1913 (7:13pm) this evening I heard State Patrol on MAC-11 ending a quick pursuit where the driver rammed the trooper's vehicle and then they conducted a TBI (a PIT maneuver) and the suspect crashed at mile post 276. Only the last part was broadcast on MAC-11 when they went into emergency traffic on the radio. At 1914, they ran a 24 year old female, who may have been the driver. The trooper that was rammed was 5B14.

RR does not have a feed for 5B (I don't think), and I don't have 5B programmed since it is not nearby. I picked up MAC-11 off Mount Pittburg, so someone in my area must be affiliated on MAC-11.

Anyone know what highway this incident happened on and what direction?

Dan

dw2872

That young woman in this article was on I-70 and upgraded from her motorcycle to a deputy's SUV, chase ensuing resulting in a crash. She was in custody in the back of the deputy's SUV at 9:53am and then again in cuffs in another patrol vehicle at 10:09am.

A small conincidence that both drivers were women though. The one in the I-70 incident was an 18 year old woman and the woman involved in the 5B incident was a 24 year old.

The 5B incident ended at 7:13pm at milepost 276 of an unknown highway in the 5B area (southwest Colorado, in the counties of Alamosa, Costilla, Conejos, Rio Grande, northern Mineral, SE Sagauche, and southern Hinsdale).

We really do have a shortage of listeners down south, don't we?

Last edited:
when i ran my feed down there there wasn't a shortage of listeners and they way the guy at radio shack talked the scanners flew off the shelf's for a while so i am rather disappointed that no one has been able to fill the gap i had to leave. from the mm i believe this would have been hwy 160 down in ether Rio grande, Alamosa , or Costilla counties.

Whiterabbit_medic

dw2872

Not much news gets out of that area, unless it happens on I-25. On Hwy-160, milepost 276 would be about 20 minutes East of Fort Garland in Costilla County, near the Huerfano County line, going towards Walsenburg. Thanks for the info! Somehow we need to get southern Colorado listeners more active...

Status
Not open for further replies.