CSP Class of 2020 Hits the Road

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 30 new CSP Trooper Rookies signed on in their newly assigned cruisers just now with NCC.

Badge numbers are all 6XXX, at least for now.

That's about 500 gallons more fuel per day! Yippee! (y)

a417

U+0000
Yeah, that's old data, Doc. I was hoping it had improved some what. I vaguely recall from MANY years ago that their charter (or whatever it was called) was for around 1200, and they were significantly understaffed.

firebuff17

Premium Subscriber
Saw about 10 of the new recruits on the highway last week in what appeared to be a training exercise on radar/laser. 2 trooper cars and about 10-12 troopers standing behind it all lined up in a straight line. The front trooper holding the radar/laser and then what I can only assume is an instructor right next to that one in the front.

WoodburyMan

Statewide Common 1 had Radio Techs and the new recruits on them for a good time yesterday, around 4pm+ they were giving their badge numbers and license plates to Radio Techs for alias and unlocking the radios in their vehicles. They kept referring them to recruit, so that was them...

licpl8man

Premium Subscriber
Statewide Common 1 had Radio Techs and the new recruits on them for a good time yesterday, around 4pm+ they were giving their badge numbers and license plates to Radio Techs for alias and unlocking the radios in their vehicles. They kept referring them to recruit, so that was them...
Heard that too while listening at work. Took me a little bit to figure out what it was. After hearing the main "dispatch" say recruit I assumed it was new troopers hitting the road

cg

Premium Subscriber
They used to post the video of the entire graduation online but the CSP & the State of CT has not posted or deleted a lot of online content over the past couple years. If someone sees the full video online please post a link.

chris

Adamwalsh627

They have less personnel and more registrations, WWL was increased from 300-599. Don’t understand.

It would be so neat if the plate was aligned to the troopers badge. If you were 916, you would have 916 UTZ. If you were badge 1328, you would have 328 WWL. Has anyone ever thought of that?

Has anyone ever thought of that?
A FEW cars are like that, but the problem is, when a badge is retired, there goes the system.

Also,sometimes they "Jockey" cars around based upon the mileage.

BTW, three Sergeants are off the road due to misconduct.

a417

U+0000
They have less personnel and more registrations, WWL was increased from 300-599. Don’t understand.

It would be so neat if the plate was aligned to the troopers badge. If you were 916, you would have 916 UTZ. If you were badge 1328, you would have 328 WWL. Has anyone ever thought of that?
neat for who? And what would it accomplish? Would you also advocate for a registration transfer if someones vehicle was in the shop for service?

I don't see what this accomplishes.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
They haven't retired a trooper's badge number that I know of in recent years, if they have at all. The troopers and TFC's badge numbers get recycled and reused when one retires or moves up the ranks, same thing with the Sgt's M-Sgts, Lt's, Capts, etc. There are several that are not in use because of vacancies. Things may have changed since I was there.

Also as for badge number / plate coloration, as far as I know it was never done in the past. And the scenario AdamWalsh said would make scene, but then it wouldn't work because a Sgt would be in the 200 to 300 series of badge numbers.

I know my buddy on here who I worked with may know more.

Status
Not open for further replies.