CSP encrypted talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigred150

I wanted to post some of the encrypted talkgroup id numbers i have been hearing the past few days especially in the early evening while in search mode. I know that it really won't matter since they can't be understood but anyway i wanted to share anyway. I have gotten them all with the zone 8 troop h&f control channel.

1) 16024
2) 32792
3) 32888
4) 32760 - been hearing this one the most

I have heard these also and they were not encrypted.

1) 32816 - heard this one once but couldn't catch the message in time
2) 4018 - thought i heard something about a emergency signal coming from a troop f radio
3) 8818 - heard this one once but it was a very quick message

800crazy1

good monitoring , and even catching the ecrypted T.G.s .....now we can work on IDing these unencrypted T.G.s... thanks . iv only heard the radio techs a couple of times using encryption T.G.s and once on the troop I dispatch T.G. i heard someone using encryption, i dont know if he knew he was even in secure mode. but that was the only time i ever heard any encryption on a regular Troop dispatch T.G. everyone else was operating in the clear this was about 7-8 months ago...

cg

Premium Subscriber
You have to be careful if you are using search mode on the CSP system, false TG IDs are common especially with weaker signals.
That said, the status bits on the Moto systems mean different things as long as you have a legit TG. If you look here: (2/3 down)
http://radioscanning.wox.org/Scanner/Trunk_Systems/Motorola Trunking Systems Information.htm
you will see the status bit meanings.
So 16024 would be 16016 encrypted. (SW Common 1)
4018 would be 4016 emergency (Troop F Disp)
etc.
However, the way I have seen the encrypted CSP talkgroups is as a completely different TG. For example, 32880 is the radio techs secure.

chris

midnightcaller

Premium Subscriber
I planning a trip to Hartford Connecticut are around OCT 8 What can you tell me abouthe trunk system in Connecticut ?
Midnightcaller

rdrunner252

Encryption

Never thought there woould come a time where the CSP would use encryption. I hope this is not a trend towards all encryption.. Anyones take on this?

DM

cg

Premium Subscriber
It's long overdue.

There is no reason for narcotics, swat, criminal surveillance, etc to be in the clear or force the PD units to resort to phones.

The CSP got a couple hundred new radios and it seems that they were issued to SWAT, BCI, narc, radio guys (they get the good ones first)

chris

Bigred150

I see what you are saying cg about the id's and the ones that come up a little off in the numbers but i was just looking to find new id's. Speaking of csp narcotics i have heard them on ch.117 SNTF-2. It always sounds like they are watching a building or some type of store and the people coming in and out and the vehicles they use. Also cg that id i came across that is listed here in the RR database as 32816 CSP-SW-2 is listed as ch. 64 GOVSEC in the scannermaster 10th edition book but that channel has got to be encrypted always i bet just for the governor's safety.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
I've been hearing multiple cars being told to go into the "garage" to have radios worked on. Also heard repair on air the other day telling someone for time being their radio was going to show as "unaffiliated?" at least til next day. Not sure what that was all about. Didn't notice the ENC message until after reading about it here. To be honest never paid attention. But I do now and it's popped up a few times.

Joe

RobKB1FJR

Premium Subscriber
I don't think that the CSP Troop Dispatch TGs will be encrypted full-time only SWAT, Narc, Detectives etc. Even if this stuff is unencrypted its boring to listen too and just ties up the scanner. With that said I will watch for the ENC symbol popping up more often. However I mostly only focus on CTSP Troop D.

cg

Premium Subscriber
There have been no new talkgroups in several years. You will be seeing new zones in the near future as well as a couple new sites.

The entire CSP system is encryption capable with the exception of a majority of the mobiles and portables. That means all the transmitters, networking, microwave, etc is built to carry encrypted signals. All that is left is to change the radios. So yes, they can go 100% encrypted but it is not likely in the next couple of years.

32816 is 64-GOVSEC and is in the clear but is seldom used.

chris

bobmich52

Rarely Do I Hear The Encrypted On CSP Freqs, But, I Beleive It was Wed Afternoon Of This week, There Was Alot & It Was Over Several Of The Freqs As I was Listening.

Let's Hope that They Do Not Go To Full time Encryption

Except For Sensitive Operations Mind You, They are A Public Agency & The Public Has A Right To Know What's Going on.

Side Note

417.200 Has Been Busy On The Encrypted Side.

Starts In Clear, Encrypts, Then Finishes In Clear.

Dea Or Fbi I Think.

Bigred150

joetnymedic said:
I've been hearing multiple cars being told to go into the "garage" to have radios worked on. Also heard repair on air the other day telling someone for time being their radio was going to show as "unaffiliated?" at least til next day. Not sure what that was all about. Didn't notice the ENC message until after reading about it here. To be honest never paid attention. But I do now and it's popped up a few times.

Joe

I have been hearing them too. They have been sending them in to have the laptop computer setups upgraded to the new NEXGEN system. The yahoo CONNSCAN group has more about that. I have been hearing troop H in particular having problems with the new NEXGEN computer system always having down and out times and not being able to get case numbers and times. I can sense the frustration in their voices when the computer has its problems come up. Last saturday morning on ch.49 SWCOM-1 there was a radio tech. telling HQ that they were setting up 20 new crown vics with radios from old cars that day. They would call in each vehicle plate number and the template id number and then at HQ's end they would lock out that radio until the car get a assigned trooper placed in it. Also i got that unaffiliated message last saturday morning when the radio tech. was trying to set up one radio in a new car with HQ. The dispatcher at HQ called later and said he had made a mistake at his end on the computer with the radio that was not affilitating and the radio tech. said he moved on to another unit and would try again later with that one.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
There is no master plan in the works for full time system wide encyption.

However, if they wanted to make the switch, that can be done overnight as long as the radios have the boards in them. 99% of them do not. The infrastructure already supports encyption.

However, any new radio will most likely have one installed at the time of order as its easier and cost effective.

But again, just the special teams have it for now, and its been that way for some time.

As for the unaffilated, the radio ID is just turned off in the database. However the system is setup so that new radios on 49, 95 and one other I think so that the radio can call in. Usually SZ systems are not setup this way at all, but this is what I have been told (usally all or nothing). These (from what I heard) are unrestricted talkgroups and allow a radio ID that is not in the database to talk to the NOC. If it tries to go on any other talkgroup, it will get the denied boink. CSP is proactive in inhibiting out of service and unassigned radios so that they cannot get into the system should they "disappear". The only way to reenable them is by turning them on (but will appear off) for a reenable command or sending them to Motorola with a letter from the CSP. You can not turn them back on via the radio software.

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Last I remember, the 417 channel was the US Customs but may have been reassigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.