CSP Montrose Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
For several days CSP Alamosa Dispatch has assumed responsibility for CSP Montrose Dispatch. Anyone here know why?

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that as well, I believe last week Montrose was having some issues with their phone and possibly fiber lines. I'm pretty sure it's been resolved. Today Alamosa is only covering 5 Baker as normal, I believe they took down the patch between 5A and 5B early yesterday morning or possibly even earlier, I don't think I've heard the patch active since like Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that as well, I believe last week Montrose was having some issues with their phone and possibly fiber lines. I'm pretty sure it's been resolved. Today Alamosa is only covering 5 Baker as normal, I believe they took down the patch between 5A and 5B early yesterday morning or possibly even earlier, I don't think I've heard the patch active since like Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.
Alamosa is dispatching 5A right now.

Troop

Staffing.....same reason Montrose takes 4C, Pueblo takes 1C, and sometimes Alamosa takes all of District 1

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
So early this morning 5A and 5B were patched again, this evening the patch is gone. It must be coming and going at certain times of the day due to staffing levels like Troop mentioned. 5B often goes for long periods of times without any patch.

Steve2003

Pueblo is currently dispatching CSP 4C units on TGID 8106 which isn't listed in the database. I'm also hearing traffic on the regular 4C channel (TG 8100). The talkgroups are not patched right now either.

I'm wondering if 4C is getting split into two channels now (east and west) like several of the other troops?

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Pueblo is currently dispatching CSP 4C units on TGID 8106 which isn't listed in the database. I'm also hearing traffic on the regular 4C channel (TG 8100). The talkgroups are not patched right now either.

I'm wondering if 4C is getting split into two channels now (east and west) like several of the other troops?
Great catch!!!!

Steve2003

While listening to the fire in Summit Co today I confirmed troop 4C now has two dispatch channels. The 8100 is now 4CW and 8106 is now 4CE. I suspect 4CW is Eagle Co & 4CE is Summit. Info submitted to the DB

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
While listening to the fire in Summit Co today I confirmed troop 4C now has two dispatch channels. The 8100 is now 4CW and 8106 is now 4CE. I suspect 4CW is Eagle Co & 4CE is Summit. Info submitted to the DB
So this afternoon from the Hagerman Pass site I'm hearing both of these TG's, the new 4-C East is currently patched with 2-Adam. Montrose is currently dispatching 4-C West, I guess Craig must be short staffed today.

rbuxton

Premium Subscriber
I think I've figured it out. Alamosa is dispatching for 5A, Montrose is dispatching for 5C and San Juan SO (patched) along with whatever districts they normally would (4C?,, I dunno, too far away.) Discovered this on a hunch by turning on San Juan SO TG and hearing familiar voices from Montrose.

rfburns

Troop 4C Area 3 is from MP 191 (Vail Pass) to the EJT. Craig is often dispatching Troop 1A West and sometimes other parts of District 1. Interesting when a non Denver dispatcher (who doesn't know Denver geography) has a fast moving event. Like the pursuit that started on NB I-25 south of 58th and went from there to Aurora. Dispatcher was trying to send a 1A West Trpr to WB 36th west of Peoria (forget the exact cross) until a Trpr told her that was in the City of Aurora and they weren't going there. She seemed to think the incident was on Highway 36.

Troop

I can tell you this....at this point any Trooper working in District 1 can only hope and pray that we get to talk to another center during a shift, regardless of geography, it's so much better it's not even funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.