CSP Private Call Changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Does anyone know if there have been any changes to the CSP private call? I've heard that they don't really use it much anymore, and have also heard the possibility of them going encrypted on private call and would like to know if anyone has any info on the status of CSP private calls.

FYI I'm using a BCD396T and primarily monitor the 868.3375 CC and the 868.9125 CC.

Thanks.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
I havent heard much either. Usually Troop B or L use it. They use it when they cant get cell phone reception. I think the cell phone is their preferred method of encrypted communication. they are always telling them to call in or call them. Private call isn't really private we can monitor it.

RKG

Private call use is often discouraged, as it puts a disproportionate load on system resources.

cg

Premium Subscriber
before they could go encrypted on all private calls they would need to all have encrypted radios. They certainly have more than they once did but I don't think it is a substantial percent.
Dispatchers have to originate the PCs, the troopers cannot PC between troopers. The radio guys have used encrypted PCs but that is very seldom.

chris

PJH

Premium Subscriber
CG is correct. 99% of the line radios (portables and mobiles) are not enabled for PC or paging..which is due to them using W4 series mobiles and Model 2 XTS's. They COULD initate calls if enabled, but since radio ID's do not match trooper ID's its a series pain in the ass to do so...and the radios will not take the entire list of ID's that the state uses to make call/pages lists.

So only select radios and any troop console can send the request or page.

Thanks for all the info guys. I had kinda just figured that they don't usually use pc anymore but wanted to get some ideas from others.

Now all I have to do is get my 396 back from troop e. Those guys "siezed" it because they wan't to make sure it isn't programmed to listen to encryption. I actually laughed when they told me that. Now they are stalling me in giving it back.

O well. Anyone got a used 396 for sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.