CSP Pursuit, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Started on Hwy-119 above Blackhawk down the canyon thru Golden and now terminated EB 6th Ave at Kipling was a blue crotch rocket speeds of 100mph.

O/F 154.905, 155.475, DTRS, Online

Jim<

Thayne

One thing about CSP, they seem to chase anyone for anything, I can't imagine them (trying to) chase a crotch rocket down out of the mountains with a car, or even another bike. Why not just attempt to get the tag first, then back off if they run? (Unless it is a known murderer or terrorist)

Anyone have any other opinions? I like to hear a good chase, but not if there is an excellent chance of someone dying---

lazierfan

Feed Provider
One thing about CSP, they seem to chase anyone for anything, I can't imagine them (trying to) chase a crotch rocket down out of the mountains with a car, or even another bike. Why not just attempt to get the tag first, then back off if they run? (Unless it is a known murderer or terrorist)

Anyone have any other opinions? I like to hear a good chase, but not if there is an excellent chance of someone dying---
Most all pursuits come back almost immediately as a stolen plate.

Opportunity comes in many forms; this one happened to be a fast bike. Or, the owner reported it stolen right before he decided to be an idiot. Or was that after he decided to be an idiot?

04Z1V6

I often hear CSP call off chases, I think many things go into the ability to continue or start a chase, speed recklessness, danger to others, road conditions etc. I don't think they even come close to chasing every car they could or should. I do however believe that any time a emergency vehicle runs hot it is dangerous and could end bad, this is why we hope that all law officers are properly trained.

Anyone have any other opinions? I like to hear a good chase, but not if there is an excellent chance of someone dying---[/QUOTE]

Thayne

Thanks for the replies; I forgot to mention that it seems to me that most city or town jurisdictions are very reluctant to get involved with the CSP assisting in a chase, and usually will not if they find out it is only for traffic charges. One thing is that if air one is up when someone makes a run for it the outcome is usually different---Probably won't happen as often with the price of fuel skyrocketing tho :p

Status
Not open for further replies.