CSP Troop C

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleLumpkin

I have a question for people who know Scanners. (I am a computer person and just listen to scanners) My scanner is a Uniden BC796D. A few weeks ago I started having problems when I listen to Troop C. I have the end code set to Detect. There are 2 frequencies they seem to use. One is 866.4375 and have no problem when that is used. The other Frequency is 867.2625. This is the one that I have problems with. When this Frequency is used it does not detect the end code and it goes to an open carrier until it is used again. Also when it is open I get Talk Groups that I do not have plumbed in. Would you think this is a problem with the Scanner or another problem? TIA

ems170

Feed Provider
There have been many reports of hangups. It appears to be some type of RF interference rather than a repeater hang. The problem that your having is the detect end code works on analog systems only. The 396 and 996 have the option to detect digital end code, and that seems to have remedied the problem. I don't believe this is an option on your scanner. The only positive aspect for you is the interference seems to come and go, don't know if there is some correlation with the seasons but hang in there and it will be gone again.

NobleLumpkin

Thanks. I do have the option to detect or not. The problem went away just yesterday. I hope it is like a bad penny and doesn't return. NL

ems170

Feed Provider
Well thats good it resolved itself. Though end code and digital end code are two different things. I am almost positive the 396/996 are the only ones that can detect digital end codes.

800crazy1

problem and resolution described and remidied very well emt. iv tried to explain that myself and you put it just like it is . thanks for the clarity i couldnt describe it as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.