CSP Troop H

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1NIJ

Hello, all!
The other day I programmed Troop C and Troop H in separate scan lists (TRX-1 and EZ scan).
When Troop H is heard the display will show Troop H disp. , Conn Land system , but also “Troop C simulcast“ . Did I program properly? Why the Troop C part?

Hello, all!
The other day I programmed Troop C and Troop H in separate scan lists (TRX-1 and EZ scan).
When Troop H is heard the display will show Troop H disp. , Conn Land system , but also “Troop C simulcast“ . Did I program properly? Why the Troop C part?
That's likely the site you are receiving the signal from.

The database should confirm that .

troop.jpg

(y)

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
It means you're receiving the signal from the Troop C Simulcast Zone.

Cheeseburgers

I actually just started monitoring with a PSR-800, very impressive so far.

But yes, the doc is right, youre listening to Troop C Simulcast (site), you can select in the options to show VC/CC, Site ID, TG ID and Radio ID

N1NIJ

Thanks all! Seems I need to learn how to interpret the database info, such as what doc posted for me to look at. First , I’m on the edge of Tolland county (Troop C) and can hit a 9 iron into Hartford county (Troop H). 1: I know Troom C and Troop H are two different simulcast sites. 2: I didn’t realize that Troop C zone will pick up and forward Troop H zone transmissions.
Am I starting to understand this? Perhaps someone can further explain this to me or recommend something in the Wiki that covers the topic.

Thanks much!

dimab

Thanks all! Seems I need to learn how to interpret the database info, such as what doc posted for me to look at. First , I’m on the edge of Tolland county (Troop C) and can hit a 9 iron into Hartford county (Troop H). 1: I know Troom C and Troop H are two different simulcast sites. 2: I didn’t realize that Troop C zone will pick up and forward Troop H zone transmissions.
Am I starting to understand this? Perhaps someone can further explain this to me or recommend something in the Wiki that covers the topic.

Thanks much!
zones have neighbor zones, so they will carry the neighboring traffic. additionally - when a radio comes into a different zone (affiliates) from a far away zone, lets say Troop L radio rolls into Troop C area, Troop C will start broadcasting Troop L traffic while that Troop L radio is there.

Thanks much!
Look in the Wiki for 'Trunking Basics'.

If you have questions, just ask!

Enjoy!

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
zones have neighbor zones, so they will carry the neighboring traffic. additionally - when a radio comes into a different zone (affiliates) from a far away zone, lets say Troop L radio rolls into Troop C area, Troop C will start broadcasting Troop L traffic while that Troop L radio is there.
thats IF the talkgroup is enabled on that subsite. Some are statewide, others are limited to certain districts, like some may be just eastern district, or just western district. I.E. I can't talk to NWCTPS on the troop E site, I get bonked.
I don't know if the troop talkgroups themselves are restricted the same way, or if it is just affiliation based.

Status
Not open for further replies.