CSP Troop W

Status
Not open for further replies.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
I have been watching to see if anyone else would report this but they havent so I will ask the question. For a few months now I have not hear anything from Troop W. I used to hear them on Troop H Simulcast usually late evenings. Havent heard anything. Did something change that no one has mentioned. Not that much happened there but I used to hear something? Thanks.

bobmich52

I Have A HP 1 Base & Mobile & Hear Troop W On Both No Problem.

I Live in Eastern Ct About 25 miles away From BDL

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
First off, have you updated all your frequencies for the sites you have programmed in your scanner?

Second, check to see if your system id for Troop W is correct.

Other than that, I'm not sure what could be the problem. Maybe try another site that could be closer to Windsor Locks and see if you can pick that up.

dstarvish

I am not sure exactly how its all playing out, but my understanding (Im a FF/Medic @ BDL) is that Troop W is going away, and I think today, or yesterday, was the last day for W. I believe its all being merged into H, as I know a lot of the officers coming through have been from H. Though, from what I understand, the dispatch center will still exist at the airport, but the designation and channels may change.

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
yes the Hartford Courant on the front page says starting Friday. No more Troop W so that's the answer. they probably have been using H 's Talk Groups for awhile. I had done nothing to my scanner and have been receiving them just fine until recently. Well not to worry any longer. Thanks everyone.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Troop W talkgroup is still active. If they hold true to the plan, there will be no change with what you hear. What changed is the elimination of upper ranks at Troop W and the relocation of the supervisory function to H.

chris

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
Well Chris that brings me back to my original question why cant I hear them anymore? I have done nothing to my scanner, its worked forever. they must only operate maybe at the airport site now. I havent moved, nothing else has changed only thing I can think of.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like they are locked out or the talkgroups are corrupted. Try reprogramming or downloading and looking at the file.
For them to limit the transmissions to only one tower doesn't make sense (but is possible) as the frequencies still cannot be reused. Also, since the bosses are at Troop H now, they probably want to be able to monitor them in Hartford.

chris

awasser1

Premium Subscriber
I have been meaning to get back to this forum with the solution. I had the talkgroups locked out by error. I downloaded the scanner database into my programming software and noticed it. Sorry I made such a big deal out of it. Since it was my error. I do notice they do not use Troop W any longer. Its now just called Bradley. thanks for all the help and suggestons

Status
Not open for further replies.