CSP VHF Repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfburns

Anyone know if CSP is still using some VHF repeaters. Heard a CSP 4B Trooper on DTR telling CRCC that he was switching to Buffalo. After that I only heard the CRCC Dispatch side of the conversation on DTR. I was out of range of Buffalo. Buffalo use to be 154.755.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Interesting question. Lately I've been hearing Denver-Metro CSP VHF repeaters operating in apparent "half-duplex" mode; the dispatch side is very strong but everything else is dead. I recall reading that CSP had/has significant difficulties implementing their VHF repeater network over several years, maybe they are still working on it...?

n0nhj

In way too deep...
Feed Provider
Repeaters

Just before narrowbanding one of the state techs had told me that they were keeping some VHF repeaters for DOW, and a few for CSP. CDOT was going entirely 800, and funded a 8TAC repeater for one site.
Know they pulled most of the CSP base stations.

Chuck

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Just now I heard Denver Dispatch talking with a 1-Edward Trooper on "State 3" (154.9050, 156.7 PL). The dispatcher specifically stated she was on "State 3", so it's probably not a simulcast. I'm still hearing only the dispatch side, which is coming through very strong, but I can't hear any other radios. 2-4 months ago I was hearing 1-Adam troopers talking on a VHF channel in full duplex mode, so they must have changed something fairly recently.

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Lots of those communications occurring this weekend because CSP is on bikes around the capital area and Taste of Colorado is underway.

Jim<

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
State 3 is not a repeated network (and never has been) - they have receivers scattered around with receiver voting implemented. The dispatcher selects which site's base station to transmit on from the console based on what site the trooper came in on. It's kind of like the non-repeated low band operation from days past...

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Anyone know if CSP is still using some VHF repeaters. Heard a CSP 4B Trooper on DTR telling CRCC that he was switching to Buffalo. After that I only heard the CRCC Dispatch side of the conversation on DTR. I was out of range of Buffalo. Buffalo use to be 154.755.

Sounds like the dispatcher probably had a multi-select going on the console between the DTR 4B TG and that conventional resource on Buffalo. I wonder if they have that going 24-7?

kc0kp

I will listen when I am in Steamboat at the end of this week. I will have a couple of days to listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.